Val Demings challenging Marco Rubio for 2022 U.S. Senate Race

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Val Demings to challenge Marco Rubio in 2022 rather than run for Florida Governor

Val Demings
will challenge Marco Rubio for his U.S. Senate in 2022 rather than run for Florida Governor, several sources familiar with her decision-making process tell Florida Politics.

“Over the last week, (there have been) serious conversations and enthusiasm from leadership about her candidacy,” said a top Democratic fundraiser who has been advising Demings. “Announcement coming in next couple weeks.”

Demings’ decision to run for the U.S. Senate was first reported by Marc Caputo of POLITICO.

The likelihood that Demings will take on Rubio rather than Ron DeSantis is a result of a non-stop courtship by national Democrats and U.S. Senate leadership who, like most observers of Florida politics, believe Rubio is an easier target than DeSantis, who has become, arguably, the second most popular Republican in the country behind former president Donald Trump.

One Democratic fundraiser, not connected to Demings, suggested that DeSantis’ eye-popping fundraising numbers may have factored in Demings’ thinking.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
I had confidence in Demmings but I quickly realized she would have a really low chance to win either race. Rubio got the cuban vote on lock. She'll have trouble with the black vote because she was a cop and the blue lives matter won't side with her either.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
How does Dekkklantis got Dems shook? :stopitslime:

One Democratic fundraiser, not connected to Demings, suggested that DeSantis’ eye-popping fundraising numbers may have factored in Demings’ thinking.

“It spooked her,” said the fundraiser, who works often with the Florida Alliance, a coalition of wealthy progressive donors. “She was originally set to announce for Governor before Memorial Day but that $14 million changed that.” The $14 million is a reference to DeSantis’ fundraising haul for the month of April.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I had confidence in Demmings but I quickly realized she would have a really low chance to win either race. Rubio got the cuban vote on lock. She'll have trouble with the black vote because she was a cop and the blue lives matter won't side with her either.

Yep..

It's an L and a obvious one at that