Vegan Bodybuilding brehs get in here

The Minister Of Culture

kickin incredibly dope shyt
Supporter
Daps
So doing a lil searching on the internet cause im planning to go vegan and ive read that its possible to build muscle just the same as if you were on the diet of an omnivore.My question is how are you guys reaching the amount of protein you need a day a day for muscle building.without breaking the bank :mindblown:. From what I read it takes 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound for muscle building.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Not a bodybuilder but I do the plant based thing.

1. It’s been said by a lot of people that the 1 to 1.5 grams of protein was made up by the whey protein industry to sell more product. But someone else that bodybuilds can speak on that better than I can.

2. Load up on protein my making smoothies with hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds and goji berries.

Eat lots of lentils and chickpeas.

Eat almonds and cashews.

There is an abundance of protein and every other type of nutrient you need in a plant-based diet. Find some YouTubers that have delicious recipes so that it’s about exploring what you like and what tastes good rather than what you’re cutting out. There’s an entire world of amazing food so don’t just think salads.

A YouTuber called Tish Wonders has a gang of recipes on her channel. She was also dating a vegan bodybuilder breh for a little bit so you should be able to find his channel too by going through her content.

Those two channels alone should be enough to get you started or at least open your mind.

Good luck breh

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

1. It’s been said by a lot of people that the 1 to 1.5 grams of protein was made up by the whey protein industry to sell more product. But someone else that bodybuilds can speak on that better than I can.

2. Load up on protein my making smoothies with hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds and goji berries.

Eat almonds and cashews.

There is an abundance of protein and every other type of nutrient you need in a plant-based diet. Find some YouTubers that have delicious recipes so that it’s about exploring what you like and what tastes good rather than what you’re cutting out. There’s an entire world of amazing food so don’t just think salads.

A YouTuber called Tish Wonders has a gang of recipes on her channel. She was also dating a vegan bodybuilder breh for a little bit so you should be able to find his channel too by going through her content.

Those two channels alone should be enough to get you started or at least open your mind.

Good luck breh

In some ways yes and in some ways no......................Rant:
  • It depends on the goal. If you are building muscle or dieting a higher amount of protein has a lot of benefits
  • That said, if you are building muscle having 3-5 quality servings over the course of your day is probably more important
My only caution on Vegan bodybuilding is did the person advocating it build a majority of their physique on the plan or transition to it? You can lead people down the wrong path if that isn't clear.

Last edited:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

Eat almonds and cashews.

Good luck breh

Great posts. I'm transitioning into a plant based diet. Not giving up meat completely but aiming to only eat meat like 4 or 5 times a month. Mostly going to be some vegan shyt though. fukk with a lot of lentils, beans, chickpeas, etc. And I make my own trail mix to snack on during the day - brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, etc.

And the protein shyt as a whole is overrated. I was always obsessed with it but i dont think that 1 or 1.5g shyt is that serious. Just workout and eat properly

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Vegans and vegetarians get away with a lot less protein because the amount of carbs they're ingesting is often much high than their old diet.

Nothing spares protein more than carbs.

The "1-1.5g protein / kg bw" is closer to actual requirements, assuming you're not on a low cab diet. Cheaper too.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vegans and vegetarians get away with a lot less protein because the amount of carbs they're ingesting is often much high than their old diet.

Nothing spares protein more than carbs.

The "1-1.5g protein / kg bw" is closer to actual requirements, assuming you're not on a low cab diet. Cheaper too.
So Keto dieters should stick to the 1-1.5 G protein ratio?