VICE news calling African spirituality "witchcraft"

DON MA MA

Midnight
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
As descendants of WEST Africans this lil Christian stint doesn't compare to the thousands of years we've had studying ourselves and the one's before us.

Genetic memory will always bring us back. Trust, in the next 50 years black people everywhere will have at least 1 immediate family members practicing an ATR.

That Jesus shyt is for the birds.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The oldest Christian Church is in Ethiopia. Even the Bible says Jesus spent the ages of 13 to 30 living in Ethiopia, learning from the people. When Christ followers were still just considered a cult and not a religion, those were black and brown people following his word.

White Romans don’t accept Christianity until after swarms of people from the Middle East and Northern Africa have already claimed Jesus as the son of God. These people would face torture from Romans and were not afraid because their faith was so unwavering. Roman government saw this power and ultimately decided to change the religion of their empire to regain control of the people.

Educate yourself before you make such dumbass statements.
How the fukk didn't I know about any of that and I spent all my time in a catholic school? :gucci:

I probably wasn't paying attention :mjgrin:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Help me to understand. Calling them witches is ok. But calling their religion witchcraft is offensive? Is that the issue?
The issue is they are doing an insert on witches AND African Spirituality and pretending like the two are one and the same/interchangeable.

This is called cognitive association and is a very powerful and effective tool of brainwashing.

Just like the image of white jesus, white angels, white moses etc that you've been inundated with since childhood.

Connecting to your ancestors is what Africans all over the world did, before being conquered by Arab Islam and White Christians.

It's not that hard of a concept to get.

It's like comparing self defense and women abuse

AsTheWorldBurns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
State to the Lake
Whats the source for the oldest Christian church being in Ethiopia?

Would love to pull all the info together, but I’m working. I’ll try to hop back to this thread and expand if it gains traction.

But the best place to start your own research would be looking at the history of Ethiopian Jews, and their transition to a mixture of Judaism and Christianity, shortly after the death of Jesus.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
The oldest Christian Church is in Ethiopia. Even the Bible says Jesus spent the ages of 13 to 30 living in Ethiopia, learning from the people. When Christ followers were still just considered a cult and not a religion, those were black and brown people following his word.

White Romans don’t accept Christianity until after swarms of people from the Middle East and Northern Africa have already claimed Jesus as the son of God. These people would face torture from Romans and were not afraid because their faith was so unwavering. Roman government saw this power and ultimately decided to change the religion of their empire to regain control of the people.

Educate yourself before you make such dumbass statements.

99.9999% of black people have been conditioned for hundreds of years that jesus and all biblical characters are white.

Christianity orginating in Ethiopia does NOT change the conditioning.

Just like having a black president doesn't change associating whiteness with authority

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Didn't click the video but if it's Naturalism... that's not witchcraft
If they're collecting human skulls then yeah that's different

Cacs been practicing Wicca for centuries and nobody seems to care

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
The biggest Christian scholars were Ethiopian in the beginning too..

then later you had Italian nonsense like Thomas Aquinas using Aristotlian trash

No black people were putting a pagan gods name on top of the translation

And I hope Vice does a special on the delusions of White Wokism, aka theosophy, aka new age crystal white Nordic pleadians Aliens and Helena Blavatsky trash, aka white people who can’t stop appropriating Hinduism and Indian culture even though they’ve been doing it since the beginning of Greek culture

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Cape Town JHB said:
99.9999% of black people have been conditioned for hundreds of years that jesus and all biblical characters are white.

That's a myth but based in historical fact. During the colonial period, most slaves believed Jesus was "White".......but that was 200 years ago.

Most Black Christians, today, believe Jesus looked like a 7-11 Clerk.​

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Christianity orginating in Ethiopia does NOT change the conditioning.

Just like having a black president doesn't change associating whiteness with authority

The concept that you are black comes from white people.