Viola Davis almost pepper-sprayed method-acting Jared Leto

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Viola Davis almost pepper-sprayed method-acting Jared Leto

Suicide Squad isn't premiering until August but The Joker is already loose and a little bit out of control.

Ever since the villain-centric DC Comics movie began filming, we've been hearing story after story after story about new Joker Jared Leto's method acting and on-set antics. And these are not the kind of on-set antics that are wholesome George Clooney pranks. These involve like, dead animals and other weird/creepy/terrifying gifts and other moments that blur the line between Leto and Batman's most famous adversary. And hey, if it works for the movie, it works. But IRL? Um...

The latest dispatch comes courtesy of Viola Davis, who is playing supervillain-wrangler Amanda Waller in the film. What was her gift from Leto? A box of bullets (casual).

“It was a little worrisome,” Davis said in an interview with E!. “It made you a little bit nervous and I’m pretty tough. You know I got into a few fights when I was growing up … but it scared me a little bit.”

It didn't help that Davis met "The Joker" first ... not a man name Jared Leto.

“Before that I was only introduced to The Joker … and I almost had my pepper spray out. You know, ‘You remember that bullet you sent me?'” she said.

Never cross Viola Davis, whether you're an Oscar-winner or a comic book villain. That's just common sense.