Virtual tip jars (online)

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
I realize it depends on you (your product) and the audience (your customers)..

but what is the best way to collect tips from virtual strangers??
Pros/cons

1. Patreon - youtubers use this effectively
..benefit of recurring donations
..but they might expect some content in return

2. Paypal donation button - works for thecoli
..easiest for customer
Personally, I am scared how easy it is for account to get locked or charged reversed

3. Bitcoin - provide an address, receive bitcoins
..high threshold for general population (only a few people use bitcoin and no one will start with them just to tip you)
..very private, though

4. Amazon wish list
..kind of cheesy, but you can always request Amazon Giftcards of any amount
..could also take Walmart e-gift cards

5. PO box - just see what you get in the mail
..way too many freaks out there

other ideas?? Pros and cons??

[to be clear, this is about setting up ways for people to "thank you $$$" if they enjoyed your video/book/product]

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
You have covered the most reasonable options. There is Google Wallet. You can set up a bank account. This used to be common before GoFundMe when people were collecting money from the public for a funeral or something.

A year ago, I heard about Paulo Coelho giving away some of his e-books for free. He said that if you enjoyed the free e-book to then purchase the book. I haven't check to see if he made any money from the scheme. Free books online (full text)

About five years ago, I was reading a forum and a guy commented that he had an efficient language learning system and linked his website. His website and system became so popular that he got a book deal a couple of years later. In September he launched a Kickstarter campaign for an app. The goal was $250,000 and he has raised $587,000. https://www. kickstarter.com/projects/gabrielwyner/fluent-forever-the-app-learn-to-think-in-any-langu

Some young people I watch on YouTube are asking people to send them lottery tickets. I would but it is illegal to send lottery tickets across state lines in the US mail and their address is a PO Box. Not to mention that my state requires lottery gamblers to be 21 and I think that they are only 20.