Vote By Mail Discussion (If you're going to do it, do it right!)

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
i didn't see a thread on this, so mods merge this with that thread if there is already one....

there has been a discussion about this in the general election thread, but i think this is an important enough issue that it deserves its own thread..... i'm not saying you should vote by mail, but if you are going to vote by mail, understand that trump is intentionally crippling the postal service to thwart your vote... you need to request your ballot at your first opportunity and mail it back by october 13th to ensure your vote arrives in time and is counted.... some states allow you to track your vote....

this is serious..... don't let the polls lull you to sleep.... trump can and might just get reelected.... dirty tricks like destroying postal service are designed to ensure trump gets another term....

update (8/4/2020):
just a reminder, if you're planning to vote by mail in the general election, request your ballot by 9/22/2020... fill it out and send it back by 10/13/2020... if you don't trust the postal service, some states allow you to drop your ballot off to the clerk in person on or before election day.... check your state's website to find out if that option is available to you... also, please before to verify you are still an eligible voter... voter rolls are being purged all across the country....

helpful websites:
Absentee and Early Voting | USAGov
https://www.vote.org/

Last edited:

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
from the general election thread.....
brehs, you need to be checking your registrations and getting your vote by mail apps in now to beat post office under trump fukkery. hopefully online you can track if they approve em or not - my board of elections lets you track the app and ballot mail out/mail in acceptance - all info at link below

i'm hand delivering my ballot to the local board of elections though when i get it and fill it out - if you mail yours in, you need WEEKS ahead of time to send so it gets in and counted. follow all instructions exact or they can toss your shyt out - signature matches, ID#s if they need em etc. - rules are different depending on your state and even county level

The only thing that can prevent Trump losing is COVID...

I am 100% sure Rethgulicans are betting on leveraging COVID to suppress the vote, hence why they've spent the summer allowing the virus to run rampant across the country while doing their best Baghdad Bob impersonation...They are also working hard to block mail in voting...

Congress has to approve postponing the election which isn't happening...Rethuglicans just want low Dem voter turnout though...Their voters, the rural dumbfukk red neck sister fukking trailer park trash murikkka will show up to the polls...It's the cities where Dems get the bulk of the votes Rethuglicans want to suppress and COVID will most certainly play a roll in that...

They're going to do everything possible to fukk with mail-in ballots. Thankfully Michigan and Pennsylvania have democrat governors and attorney generals who should get this right. I have prob brought up that point 100 times in this thread but it bears repeating. I'd be very concerned about the election if Trump acolytes were governors in those states.

But then again even Georgia got on the mail-in ballot game early. Activists need to make people understand this isn't a game though. You have to fill out your ballot perfectly, and then turn it in at least two weeks before election day. Personally if I was voting by mail I'd put it in by like...October 7th. Just to be sure. People who fukk around and mail their shyt on Halloween won't be counted, and they need to understand that.

ABSENTEE VOTING IS DUE BY OCT 13

It's happening!! GET READY!!!

Normally in a Normal United States and with a Normal President it's usually due before 7p.m. on Election Day.
https://www.vote.org/absentee-ballot-deadlines/

However we are not in the Normal. This is fukkery.

This is the date that you need to have your Absentee Ballot sent in the mail, in order to reach the person who will count it. The mail is being slow down on intention to suppress votes. So if you get your absentee ballot is sent in the mail before this date, 21 days out, you will avoid being fukked over.

He’s going to do anything to make the voting process a disaster. At this point how people are seeing the October 13th deadline folks are discussing on Twitter. I wouldn’t be stunned if they try to halt all mail for the entire month if they can. It won’t work but they can fukk this up in some form i imagine.

Cain's Twitter was still putting out shyt like this AS OF YESTERDAY

these people are fools and zealots and even shyt like this will not get them to change because they have to keep people scared, disorganized and dumb to hold on to power - dont think it will, they're #deathcult45

as for Twitler hisdamnself, he cant delay or cancel the election but HE IS fukkING WITH THE POST OFFICE so if you voting by mail, dot every i, cross EVERY t, and get your shyt in early and TRACK IT

Meanwhile, in Ohio - thanks for contributing to the swing state status, you crook (he was removed today but of course many Rs abstained or didn't vote to do so)

Ex-Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder, four others indicted by grand jury in $60M bribery case

If you’re gonna vote by mail, do so before October 13th. Democrats should cut off all “vote by mail” tweets/pleas/etc after that day so as not to confuse people. Bank your votes and make sure they count.

comparing this to a primary doesn’t make sense to me btw. More people will be counting votes and working this.

previous thread on problems at the postal service: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/u-s...-it-could-run-out-of-money-by-october.772489/

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
Do you have a link about where you get an absentee ballot?

Just choose your state, and just look/search for 'Request an Absentee Ballot/Absentee Voting'. Though make sure your Requesting for the General (Presidential) Election 2020, as some states like my own, Wisconsin, have elections before the Presidential one in November.

Also make sure as well your registered to vote.

Find My State or Local Election Office Website | USAGov

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

This was the link, I saw it didn't go through...
Absentee and Early Voting | USAGov

Also you can google like "How do I absentee vote in [State]."

Also because the Postmaster General under Trump is slowing the mail, you should allow a max of 3 weeks for your send:

Order your Absentee Ballot by September 22
Send your Absentee Ballot by October 13

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I missed the vote by mail date for the primary, smh. I'm used to dragging several people with me to the polls, I don't even wanna go by myself this time to no crowded area.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm glad you made this thread. I forgot to check my absentee ballot status.

It took about a week for them to receive our applications before getting our ballots. We made sure to send them out the next day. They received them a week later. That was fine. Got the actual ballots early in July and sent them out the next day. They're just now receiving them a week before the primary.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im gonna go another way with this; if you're familiar with your polling place, and it's not usually that crowded, is it really necessary to vote by mail?

i've never waited more than a few minutes at my polling place. im not risking my vote being lost in the mail, or contributing to the enormous volume of mail in ballots with all the people who actually do need to vote by mail

if trump really manages to cheat by throwing a bunch of ballots away and slowing down the post office :snoop:

on the other hand, i think this means that a bunch of people are gonna vote this year who don't usually vote. so that's good

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
im gonna go another way with this; if you're familiar with your polling place, and it's not usually that crowded, is it really necessary to vote by mail?

i've never waited more than a few minutes at my polling place. im not risking my vote being lost in the mail, or contributing to the enormous volume of mail in ballots with all the people who actually do need to vote by mail

if trump really manages to cheat by throwing a bunch of ballots away and slowing down the post office :snoop:

on the other hand, i think this means that a bunch of people are gonna vote this year who don't usually vote. so that's good

Yes, but there is a IF. A polling place needs polling workers. With the pandemic, a good portion of polling places will be closed. For a big city like Milwaukee during our Primary, the amount of places went from like 50+ to 5. If you in a smaller city, there might not be a polling place, only mail only.

So it's crucial to understand if that place is going to be open. For Republican-heavy places, they might go like 2 weeks out, "Sorry, we will not have them open. Vote by Mail!"

And then people request a Absentee ballot, and what happens, is that the ballot arrives one week after the election.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, but there is a IF. A polling place needs polling workers. With the pandemic, a good portion of polling places will be closed. For a big city like Milwaukee during our Primary, the amount of places went from like 50+ to 5. If you in a smaller city, there might not be a polling place, only mail only.

So it's crucial to understand if that place is going to be open. For Republican-heavy places, they might go like 2 weeks out, "Sorry, we will not have them open. Vote by Mail!"

And then people request a Absentee ballot, and what happens, is that the ballot arrives one week after the election.
yeah big cities should be voting by mail for sure. shyt should enhance voter turnout like crazy, i cant imagine waiting in a real line to do it. fukkin bullshyt

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
If your state has a good amount of time to early vote, do it. Don't wait for November 3.

Especially if the USPS is being sabotaged at the current rate. Voting early in person will be better.

Or vote absentee and drop your ballot at your local election office yourself. Don't even put it in the mail.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

That's an excellent point.

Become a Poll Worker | U.S. Election Assistance Commission

I think I am going to volunteer this year and I'ma try to get some of the homies to do the same. Let's step up and allow the older generation to not put themselves at risk.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA

That is one of my concerns with mail-in voting. Trump keeps throwing around election fraud associated with vote by mail. Trump is the master of accusing his enemies of things that he is guilty of. Just like in 2016 when he was talking about the election was rigged. It was rigged, but in his favor. I can see something like what happened in North Carolina happening on a broader scale with mail in ballots. With Trump appointing one of his flunkies as the Postmaster General, and the reports on mail starting to slow, no telling what they will try to do with mail-in ballots. Trumps is trying to win at all costs, as he knows how much dirt will be revealed if he has to leave office next year. Four more years gives him some extra cover. I know I'm voting in person. Hope I'm wrong about ballots being tossed or "misplaced," but I wouldn't put anything past the Trump campaign.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Only white people in red states should be able to vote by mail

:troll:

amirite idpols?