Voter ID Law Debate. Weigh In

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
why are we not bein given the option to vote online?

its 2012, weve gone to space and all of that shyt, but we still havent come up with a secure govt website, one vote per SSN. am i missin some obvious reaosn why this is not a viable option? all i can think of is viruses/some dikkhead hackers

Basically what you said. You know how easy it would be for people to get malware on their computers that votes for them? Even if the govt had a secure website, it's not like most people have secure computers.

And I can't even imagine how many tech support calls from old people this would generate. :snoop:

Plus the inevitable claims of voter fraud, people voting on other people's computers, people who couldn't vote because their computer crashed, people claiming their computer submitted the wrong vote, etc. It would just be a huge clusterfukk. Maybe it'll be feasible one day but the logistics of actually getting this to work would be a nightmare.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches
In my are, they already ask for some form of id. I dont understand some of these states. Its people walking around with no form of photo id? I was watching Maddow and her figures seemed craaaaaazy.

My only thing is the reason these laws are being passed(clearly political), but people should have some form of photo identification. Its 2012

They making it seem like its hundreds on thousands of young people with nophoto ids. I just dont buy that.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
In my are, they already ask for some form of id. I dont understand some of these states. Its people walking around with no form of photo id? I was watching Maddow and her figures seemed craaaaaazy.

My only thing is the reason these laws are being passed(clearly political), but people should have some form of photo identification. Its 2012

They making it seem like its hundreds on thousands of young people with nophoto ids. I just dont buy that.

They're pretty expensive and if you move a lot your address will never be correct.
Registering to vote is a pain in neck even.

You would be surprised how rarely you need a photo id.

I never need mine.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches
They're pretty expensive and if you move a lot your address will never be correct.
Registering to vote is a pain in neck even.

You would be surprised how rarely you need a photo id.

I never need mine.

I guess if a person is really struggling and have to decide between food and an id. A photo id should be free. Charge for license or passport, but just give poor people an avenue for free or really cheap id. But again, the point of this is to prevent these people from voting. Not to fix a real issue. So I doubt they'll come up with ways to get people id. I still cant believe felons cant vote. U serve your time, you should be free of bs.:smh:

I can see some violence poppin off at voting spots.:usure:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
While I know why the Repubs are pushing the whole voter Id thing as a means of cutting into the Dem base and completely wiping out as many voters as possible and I get that it mostly targets poor black and latinos.
What bothers me is that when the opponents of voter ID speak about it none of them go at it from the most logical angle: namely these laws wouldn't mean a damn thing if these adults just had a gotdamn ID.
PA has already enacted the law and the amount of grown ass people walking the streets in this state with no ID at all is just trifling. How the hell are you existing in any way that matters without an ID?
I have been doing volunteer work the past few months trying to get people state issued non-driver's ID's and it is like pulling teeth. We are offering to do damn near all the leg work in the ID process yet folks are still hemming and hawing like we are asking them to go work in a coal mine or something. The shyt is frustrating as hell.
The best way to fight voter ID laws is to make sure that if you are an adult in this country you get a friggin' state issued photo ID. That would completely nullify this bogus ass law and remove a weapon from the Republican arsenal.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
i was under the impression that in VA it was against the law to be an adult w/o ID :yeshrug:

either way, i'll have my ID and a bill from the house when i go to vote. mister charlie not pulling a fast one on me this time around

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
damn thats deep

soooooo why isn't the attorney general filing something on behalf of those disenfranchised by the discrimination in the past???

I guess there hasn't been a enough noise made about it and sometimes people just accept the position they're in. I can go back and re-read exactly what we're funding and the specifics later today.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
How you over 18 years old without an ID tho?:stopitslime:

If you don't drive, don't have a job and many in some states your employer never asks for photo identification. Basically, people never got their ass over to the DMV to get one.