"Voter suppression laws should stay in place because minorities are voting too much"

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
He stays on deceiving, printing a graph from a single election (2012) in which a Black man was running for president and Black voting rates were at a historic high, and claims that proves what has "always" been true.

The fact that a ton of Black people voted in 2012 when Obama was running for reelection doesn't tell you anything about how many Black people weren't able to vote that year. You keep on staying with the low expectations for Black people. If they went to the polls at a rate 3% higher than White people did, you insist that there's no way it would have been 5% higher or 8% higher without the racist laws?

And as I pointed out to you already, 2012 was BEFORE Shelby vs. Holder was even decided. All the worst laws came AFTER the Supreme Court pretty much destroyed the Voting Rights Act in 2013 and southern states got the go-ahead to pass more racist laws without federal pre-approval.

Why are you caping so hard for this? :mindblown:

Reported for caping for racist laws and being deceptive in the process of it.

I posted the politics that link because dude said that my facts only pertained now and to AL, so the politifact article shows that black people have been impervious to voter id laws for a long time

#facts

Your reaction to the graphic is very interesting because as I recall you were ranting and raving about how the effects of the voter id law only impact general elections and that I was stupid for not believing you and twitter scholar Wesley Lowery, I kept on asking you for data to support your assertion so that we can apply the scientific method but I never got it, but now I have presented you with data that your assertion was false but you have nothing to say, interesting

The only thing I’m caping for is facts, the fact is that the notion that black people lack ids is a myth and voter id laws do not suppress the black vote

#facts

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The only thing I’m caping for is facts, the fact is that the notion that black people lack ids is a myth and voter id laws do not suppress the black vote

Fine. I'll go with you on this. Voter Suppression tactics have not worked as well as Republicans hoped they would. In fact, they have had the opposite effect for the most part.

But how does that justify those laws staying in place? Which was the point of the OP. It's known that the laws were unnecessary and predicated on a lie. It's known that the steps to get an ID were unnecessarily complicated. It's known that these laws were a racist attempt to suppress the vote. The fact is that black voters who used past forms of ID to vote had to go through extraordinary measures to get the new state approved IDs for voting. Without those measures, the black vote would have been suppressed.

So the fact that we mobilized to overcome these laws in 2012 and 2017 doesn't negate the intention and the means of attempted oppression.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Fine. I'll go with you on this. Voter Suppression tactics have not worked as well as Republicans hoped they would. In fact, they have had the opposite effect for the most part.

But how does that justify those laws staying in place? Which was the point of the OP. It's known that the laws were unnecessary and predicated on a lie. It's known that the steps to get an ID were unnecessarily complicated. It's known that these laws were a racist attempt to suppress the vote. The fact is that black voters who used past forms of ID to vote had to go through extraordinary measures to get the new state approved IDs for voting. Without those measures, the black vote would have been suppressed.

So the fact that we mobilized to overcome these laws in 2012 and 2017 doesn't negate the intention and the means of attempted oppression.

What I said about voter Id laws is that are stupid and racist, I’m not defending them