Wait, What? The Alchemist 'stole' The Realest beat??

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
You guys somehow missed Jingle Jangle with Dres? Even though he was rocking the ill cabbie hat that made us all scramble to cop? Really? Then The source gave Legion 2.5 mics but we needed to hear for ourselves off the strength of the DITC (Showbiz) affiliation

Daps
i was talking about the sample for stanley kubrick/im the king but thanks for posting that too. do you know the sample for the songs im talking about?

ive looked everywhere for that kubrick/king sample but i found nothing. they did a good job flipping and chopping that original song if its still a mystery to this day :wow:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Album was at LEAST a 3.5 effort. Legion Groove was a good feel good old school vibe BX tradition follow up.

But yeah.....the Rest In Peace loop had us STUCK

so when WE (the 1%with immaculate knack) hears 'The Rralest', the beat was old hat.

I suspect, and I may be wrong and banned come Morning, that this is why I can dress down a punk with the N Word and it doesn't sting. It ain't really serious.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Ra the rugged man said alchemist stole his beat for "Stanley Kubrick" and made it into Royce da 59's "im the king"

"Alchemist you still my little buddy, even though you stole that Royce da 59 king beat from me"

You be the judge

RA version way better. Probly the only time I ever say Rugged Man out-rapped Royce too.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
ive looked everywhere for that kubrick/king sample but i found nothing. they did a good job flipping and chopping that original song if its still a mystery to this day :wow:

If the sample is chopped that much, and alc and rugged man's versions sound so similar, then someone must have jacked someone else. I believe rugged man's version was first though. I would like to hear what alc has to say about it

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a loop. It sucks when you let someone hear something, then they use the same loop.... but it is what it is. Sometimes people hear stuff, forgot where they heard it from, and think they came up with the idea in their own head. I could see a pothead like Alchemist doing that, lol

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
It's a loop. It sucks when you let someone hear something, then they use the same loop.... but it is what it is. Sometimes people hear stuff, forgot where they heard it from, and think they came up with the idea in their own head. I could see a pothead like Alchemist doing that, lol

sometimes its not even that, you might hear something and think "i can freak the beat way better"

it happens

that ra and royce sample, alc freaked the beat wayyyyy better for royce imo

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
You guys somehow missed Jingle Jangle with Dres? Even though he was rocking the ill cabbie hat that made us all scramble to cop? Really? Then The source gave Legion 2.5 mics but we needed to hear for ourselves off the strength of the DITC (Showbiz) affiliation
Downloaded the album last night......2.5 mics was generous :dayum:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ras Kass exposed Alchemist for acting shady with beats years ago, then Alchemist was exposed as a Darren Wilson and LAPD supporter by Blu last year. Not surprised to hear this.

shopant

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Generally speaking, it ain't that tragic If he reused the sample, but to me it aint the same in this particular case since it's a classic mobb track prod by ALC, let alone I thought ALC was the first one to flip the sample.

Daps
Reppin
NULL