Wall Street's elite investors are convinced a recession is all but inevitable — and the stock market's collapse has only just begun

Daps
So moass or nah? :francis:

@I Really Mean It drop your insights
MOASS is inevitable. I’m not convinced a recession is near, though were we to experience one, huge selloffs in the market would impact hedge funds’ ability to meet margin. As was highlighted in the House Committee report that dropped Friday, margin requirements might be waived, just as they were a year ago. At that point, GME may petition to have all shares recalled from the DTCC. And, even if that happens, the hedge funds may pull another card from their sleeve. I mean, point blank, we’re in uncharted territory. The collusion at work - between hedhes, market makers, banks, sec, dtcc, fed - is staggering. If not unprecedented, it’s the first time this activity has been exposed, thanks to the persistence of those holding GME.

:francis:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Crash hasn’t even begun yet. It was just a correct after interest rates went up. Put on your seatbelt. These layoffs gonna be WILD
Hopefully the housing market crashes as well. I'm hoping that houses in the south drop back below $150K for a 3br/2ba.

That with these kats up north losing their jobs would [hopefully] mean that they won't use those houses as investment properties:banderas:.

I love you nikkas, but I need to get myself right:pachaha:.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MOASS is inevitable. I’m not convinced a recession is near, though were we to experience one, huge selloffs in the market would impact hedge funds’ ability to meet margin. As was highlighted in the House Committee report that dropped Friday, margin requirements might be waived, just as they were a year ago. At that point, GME may petition to have all shares recalled from the DTCC. And, even if that happens, the hedge funds may pull another card from their sleeve. I mean, point blank, we’re in uncharted territory. The collusion at work - between hedhes, market makers, banks, sec, dtcc, fed - is staggering. If not unprecedented, it’s the first time this activity has been exposed, thanks to the persistence of those holding GME.

:francis:
The GOAT stock

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
We in for a very scary ride coming up…

I guess, pardon my naïveté, but could this have been prevented or was it preventable? Or was all of this inevitable or a cause of our capitalism?

Do we HAVE to be in this situation or is this the product of greed?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
So in other words, companies got greedy like always and utilized the pandemic and supply chain shortages as cover to raise prices to obscene levels, above and beyond what is normal, evidenced by their high profitability, and on the other side refuse to pay workers a reasonable wage, so they can't find anyone to come in. Thus, you have higher prices but less people willing to pay it due to not having the money to do so, and hence, an incoming economic crash.