Warren Buffett's going at Wall Street

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and some of yall supposed capitalist was mad at bernie going at wall street. even a big baller like buffet knows its mostly a scam. but let yall non million dollar having selves tell it. "why hate on wallstreet." and when we speak of "wall street" you know exactly who we're talking about

Warren Buffett's Epic Rant Against Wall Street
Just before lunch at the Berkshire Hathaway Inc. annual meeting on Saturday, Warren Buffett unloaded what he called a "sermon" about hedge funds and investment consultants, arguing that they are usually a "huge minus" for anyone who follows their advice.

The Berkshire chairman has long argued that most investors are better off sticking their money in a low-fee S&P 500 index fund instead of trying to beat the market by employing professional stockpickers. He used the annual meeting to update the tens of thousands in attendance---and others watching via a webcast--about his multi-year bet with hedge fund Protege Partners. The bet, initiated by the New York fund back in 2006, was that over a decade, the cumulative returns of five fund-of-funds picked by Protege would outperform a Vanguard S&P 500 index fund, even when including fees.

Mr. Buffett showed a chart comparing the cumulative returns of the two sides of the bet since 2008. As of the end of 2015, the S&P 500 index fund had a cumulative return of 65.7%, outdoing the hedge fund teams’s 21.9% return. The S&P has outperformed in six of the eight individual years of the bet too.

The chart was preamble to the real point Mr. Buffett wanted to make: that passive investors can do better than “hyperactive” investments handled by consultants and managers who charge high fees.

"It seems so elementary, but I will guarantee you that no endowment fund, no public pension fund, no extremely rich person" wants to believe it, he said. "They just can't believe that because they have billions of dollars to invest that they can't go out and hire somebody who will do better than average. I hear from them all the time."

But he was just getting started.

"Supposedly sophisticated people, generally richer people, hire consultants, and no consultant in the world is going to tell you 'just buy an S&P index fund and sit for the next 50 years.' You don't get to be a consultant that way. And you certainly don't get an annual fee that way. So the consultant has every motivation in the world to tell you, 'this year I think we should concentrate more on international stocks,' or 'this manager is particularly good on the short side,' and so they come in and they talk for hours, and you pay them a large fee, and they always suggest something other than just sitting on your rear end and participating in the American business without cost. And thenthose consultant, after they get their fees, they in turn recommend to you other people who charge fees, which... cumulatively eat up capital like crazy."

Mr. Buffett said he's had a hard time convincing people of this case.

"I've talked to huge pension funds, and I've taken them through the math, and when I leave, they go out and hire a bunch of consultants and pay them a lot of money," he said, earning a laugh from the crowd. "It's just unbelievable."

"And the consultants always change their recommendations a little bit from year to year. They can't change them 100% because then it would look like they didn't know what they were doing the year before. So they tweak them from year to year and they come in and they have lots of charts and PowerPoint presentations and they recommend people who are in turn going to charge a lot of money and they say, 'well you can only get the best talent by paying 2-and-20,' or something of the sort, and the flow of money from the 'hyperactive' to what I call the 'helpers' is dramatic."

"There's been far, far, far more money made by people in Wall Street through salesmanship abilities than through investment abilities," he said. "There are a few people out there that are going to have an outstanding investment record. But very few of them. And the people you pay to help identify them don't know how to identify them. They do know how to sell you."

"That's my message

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
:mjlol: Shut the fukk up clown. Warren has issue with these consultants who don't know what the fukk they are talking about and charging a premium for that nonsense. This is in no way related to what Bernie's delusional ass is always crying about.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If you tired of getting your capital garnished, consultants all in ya portfolio come to Berkshire Hathway

Buffett_and_Bitcoin_Why_his_opinion_doesn_t_matt.gif

Last edited:

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
I'd say he gave great advice for pension funds, other than that the average American can't even afford to be a hedge fund client in the first place.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Elaborate:lupe:

He's saying its better to put your money in an index fund, which Berkshire doesn't do. He's got a couple guys who pick stocks for him. I'm saying why doesn't he take his own advice?

And I'm not being serious when I say this. He's obviously done very well for himself. Probably the greatest investor ever.

Jatt

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is right; most fund managers dont consistently beat the market, most regular people for sure do not. It basically becomes gambling at a certain point.

The skill involved in investing is often overstated; these funds at the top have a lot of tools and insider info that normal people dont have access to.