Was “This Is America” by Childish Gambino the most Gassed song in the last few years?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
What does thecoli think? :jbhmm:

It's currently trending on Twitter now because people are saying it's overrated as hell now :manny:

It did win song or record of the year at the Grammys. It doesn’t get any kinda play any more and I don’t know anyone coming back to it tho

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
The hype around this song when it came out was something I have never seen before.

I remember watching a video on Twitter of Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino performing "This is America" shortly after it dropped live in front of a sold out Crowd and he had that place shaking like a ruptured breast implant.
:whew:
In reality it's an underwhelming song and it's only propelled by the visuals. I like it still.

Still a cultural moment but it passed. I've haven't bumped it in years.

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Video was creative and cool, song was eh. Pretty much sums up Gambino entirely, tbh. He's never been a good rapper. Sounds totally amateurish on the track. Go check out the song he did with Ab Soul and Schoolboy. It's like a college dude doing karaoke next to two cats who were literally born to rap

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
song is iigh

video is a really dope concept

think the overall reception did so well because of the time it was released and was an "answer" to the profilings and shootings.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Everything Donald Glover did in general was gassed and overhyped into oblivion

SiMtlGu.gif