Was Ye beats on DAYTONA overrated? did he fall off?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It sound like some throw aways and rushed. Pusha been getting fire production over the years but ye being ye had to take over because hes a egomaniac and can. He gave push some mediocre beats and u can tell push wasnt happy in the breakfast club interview. i know he had some heat on that shyt.

ye didnt have a beat as fire as these

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
It's slightly overrated due to thay style of production being pushed out the mainstream and due to Kanye West making it.

4 of these beats were fire...3 were alright...

Numbers on the Boards is a classic coke rap song and nothing on that EP meets the quality of that

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
It’s overrated

It’s a ep and there’s 3 good songs and even those I’m not sure how much replay value they have. and this is coming from a pusha fan. Pusha s verses were fire and if ppl like it it’s prolly more cuz of how pusha floated on them. Come back baby’s the best song (I don’t like how it keeps going back to the samples chorus) and the second track/Infared.The song with Kanye’s wack his verse is wack starting off sounding like a poor mans royce. Y he would name a song with meek as the title on a 7 track “album” is beyond me lol. That Santeria beat switch is complete trash escpecially since that shyt is on a little small 7 track ep.

Last edited:

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
I like the production on this better than his other work, but Pusha is such a fire spitter he can brute force his way through mediocre production.

Easily his best suited production for a solo effort to date.

Eerie and Dark with soul samples here and there...Instead of the Quirky trap/timberland hybrid shyt.

Reminiscent of HHNF in some ways.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
What would meek do is such an evil beat. Outside of that no stand outs but they aren’t trash beats either