Washington Post: Gun violence in the US has reached early 90s rates

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

Highest level of gun fatalities since 1995. I read another source that said the rate is 6.5 now.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Covid set the world back 20 years :picard:

Fentenyl probably gonna push us 10 more years back to the 80s....
Covid pushed the world forward 20 years, just accelerated the collapse.

Fent and Meth are just the new crack and and heroin, I was telling people that 5-6 years ago.

America about to enter crack era part 2, the entire world is about to have a reckoning.

The Coli a bizarro world where OP can state the same thing that several respected economists and sociologist believe but somehow they know better even though they can’t even get themselves nor they mommas out of poverty.

These guys are doomed. But I get it, most of these dudes have never left this country let alone made money outside this country to understand the bigger picture.

Most of these guys don’t even know that MAGA was just American cacs trying to emulate movements that were already occurring in Europe, when their economies went to complete shyt during the austerity crisis. Difference is Europe had way less minorities to scapegoat and way less guns.

Also America hasn’t really hit the bottom yet, So what do y’all think is gonna happen when that bottom actually happens?

People keep talking about another Industrial Revolution forgetting things had to go to complete shyt first to spark the previous ones; don’t let them lie to you and tell you it’s gonna be a smooth transition. Especially when we know AI and robotics are gonna destroy a lot of jobs.

I’m literally a one percenter in America and I’m planning my exit, so I can only imagine how bad it’s gonna get for everybody else. I’m also at the point of not caring enough to warn nikkas anymore.

If you know you know. Somehow multiple major cities in America simultaneously hitting decade highs in crime and murders wasn’t enough for them to get the picture. Media will blame Covid, but the numbers were already trending up for the past 2-3 years.

Yea, that’s one of the core focuses of the book.
Yea all of this is still true one year later.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
More anti gun propaganda but even they had to acknowledge that mass killings account for less than 1% of all people killed by firearms.
Gun deaths from suicide are still greater than deaths from homicide.

Older white dudes killing themselves = mental issues, depression

Black men losing lives to gun violence = a toxic environment (ironically a lot of the violence takes places in cities with strict gun laws), lack of economic opportunities and a broken culture (gang life and street life being glorified, yes Black folks this part is OUR fault).

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
If you're old enough to have lived through the carnage of the crack era 90s, you have a different perspective about crime and punishment.

From the (then) relative safety of the 20teens, people were spouting a lot of nonsense about the Crime Bill of the 1990s. We are on an inevitable road back to that kind of response to the rising crime rates.