WCW Jumps Into The Hip Hop Game...

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
...with P.N. News :mjlol: even for the early 90's, this gimmick was so trash. They took a white dude from Nebraska and put him in the most ridiculous multicolored outfit, a theme straight from Arsenio Hall credits, and had him rapping :dead: and look at the camera man focusing on the black fans during this :mjpls:

He had this finisher called the "Broken Record", which was just a half-assed splash from the top rope, but for a guy that's like 400 pounds, it was brutal. The hilarious thing though, when he'd climb the rope for his finisher, they'd instantly play his theme :laff:in EVERY match

Read that some botch during a match is what got him sent back down the card and eventually released. I specifically remember a scaffold match with Steve Austin being his lone major feud

If you feel like watching an 11 minute PN News match vs Steve Austin, good luck

He'd later go on to be a member of The Baldies in ECW. But this PN News character in WCW, yikes. Even by 90s standards it was awful, and the 90s had PLENTY of terrible gimmicks.

Kevin_Nash

2x WWE Hall of Famer
Daps
Interesting tidbit:

Jim Herd pitched this gimmick to me after he saw Ninja Turtles 2. Some genius in Atlanta put together the Vanilla Ice song and the fact I was in this movie and thought it'd be a brilliant idea for a character. After I told creative to go fukk themselves, literally the next week I was told I was going to be Oz. It was at that point I discovered the benefits of throwing back a glass or two of wine.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
'The Rapmaster' :_charles:

"PN News, busted a move, as they say" :mjpls:

"PN NEWs, he's got that broken record!" :_banks:

I actually think that splash looks cool coming from a huge guy and that it could get over in WWE, but they don't have any fatasses...

Kevin-Owens.jpg