We Gotta Do Better: 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Ended last season in an Un-Cleveland fashion - swept by the Astros in the first round of the playoffs.
:wow:

This off-season we lost some big names due to free agency: Andrew Miller, Cody Allen, Edwin Encarnacion...

Still have Kluber, Ramirez, Frankie, got Carlos Santana back...
:blessed:

Also our division is still ass and we are going into the season as the favorites to win it.
:ehh:

Basically brehs, we just Gotta Do Better. We've got a nice squad, got the division on lock... No reason why we can't expect to go deeper in the playoffs this year.

I'll update this thread with a weekly win/loss report and other big news.

@Illeye buckmatic @smitty22 @shutterguy @Eye Cue DA GAWD

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Ended last season in an Un-Cleveland fashion - swept by the Astros in the first round of the playoffs.

This off-season we lost some big names due to free agency: Andrew Miller, Cody Allen, Edwin Encarnacion...

Still have Kluber, Ramirez, Frankie, got Carlos Santana back...
:blessed:

Also our division is still ass and we are going into the season as the favorites to win it.
:ehh:

Basically brehs, we just Gotta Do Better. We've got a nice squad, got the division on lock... No reason why we can't expect to go deeper in the playoffs this year.

I'll update this thread with a weekly win/loss report and other big news.

@Illeye buckmatic @smitty22 @shutterguy @Eye Cue DA GAWD

Co-worker lives next to him, I started to knock on his door and ask him if we going all the way this season!! I'm ready with my Rally Together gear!!! The potential is there!

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
  • Starting pitching is the best in the bigs 1-6 with young proven arms at the back end
  • Bullpen shouldn't be as ass as last season but wont be good either.
  • Cant believe Kipnis ass is still starting on this team. He better bounce back this season
  • This may just be Bauers year to challange for the Cy Young. He got the slider down, now his arsenal of pitches are the craziest in baseball
  • This season at the plate will be dependent on Ramirez not continuing to struggle. If he returns to form +.300 avg. We good. If not, then were fukked cause this lineup isn't a high on base %
  • Injuries ruined our outfield last year. Naquin hasn't been complete shyt, but struggled fielding. We lack power in our outfield and will be without Zimmer to start the season. We cant a Ford injuries in this team
  • If we get to the post season with the division crown and all 5 pitchers healthy along with Salazar returning to form...We can shock the world. I hate to say it but like my Warriors the regular season means little since our division is so ass.
Projected Record
99-63

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
First week under our belts:
  • Our lack of hits is mid-key concerning
  • Great pitching from Kluber and Bauer
Current Standings:
  1. KC: 2-1
  2. MIN: 2-1
  3. DET: 2-2
  4. CWS: 1-2
  5. CLE: 1-2

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Not good............

Corey Kluber Elbow Injury After Taking 102 MPH Line Drive Diagnosed as Fracture

Corey Kluber Elbow Injury After Taking 102 MPH Line Drive Diagnosed as Fracture

Cleveland Indians starting pitcher Corey Kluber suffered a scary injury during Wednesday's game against the Miami Marlins and had to leave immediately.

ESPN's Buster Olney noted Kluber exited after he was hit in the right elbow by a 102 mph line drive off the bat of Brian Anderson.

Paul Hoynes of Cleveland.com reported Kluber suffered a non-displaced fracture of his right ulna and will be re-evaluated on Thursday.

Kluber put together another excellent season in 2018. He finished 20-7 with a 2.89 ERA and 3.12 FIP in 33 starts, per FanGraphs. His 5.5 WAR was tied for seventh-highest among pitchers.

Consistency and durability have been hallmarks for the veteran right-hander since he had his Cy Young breakthrough in 2014. According to FanGraphs, he ranked second in innings pitched (1,091.1) and fifth in FIP (2.84) between 2014 and 2018.

While Kluber's injury is obviously a concern for the Indians, Cleveland has other talented options in its starting rotation. Trevor Bauer finished sixth in the American League Cy Young voting a season ago, and Carlos Carrasco is coming off an excellent year as well.

Assuming Kluber will be placed on the injured list, the Indians could turn to Cody Anderson as a spot starter. Injuries have hit a number of Cleveland's starting pitchers over the past few years, so shuffling the rotation isn't an unfamiliar spot for manager Terry Francona.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Damn, we been quiet this year in this thread...had to search for it.
That said...

I like the Bauer trade. He said it himself he was only signing the highest 1yr deals and would've gotten 18mil in arbitration next year. We have the depth to handle his departure and were getting Kluber, Carrasco and Salazar back eventually.

We get Yasiel Puigs crazy ass and Franmil Reyes both 40+ home runs a year guys hitting +.250. This solidifies our OF.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Good game last night, Progressive Field was packed, downtown was :blessed: after the game. Nothing like hearing that whack of the ball and seeing it soar near the warning track, opposing team's outfielder catches it then drops it :lolbron:. They walk Lindor cause they don't want them problems :mjgrin:, then Satana is up next like :birdman: