We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled TLR F*ckery With A Special Announcement...

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Hi, I'm The Black Panther, current Higher Learning World Heavyweight Champion, here with a special announcement for TLR.
JKqoHWy.png

No matter what your political beliefs are, you should be aware that the current political climate is more tumultuous than ever before.

You should understand that there is a strong effort to strip black men and women of fundamental rights that our elders fought hard and died for.

One of those rights is one too many of us take for granted: the right to vote. Seriously, if your vote didn't matter, there wouldn't be so many people trying to take it away from you.
3T2alep.png

dont-be-a-menace-gif-7.gif

How is this being done?

There is a movement to limit the impact of black votes on the state level, and laws being passed that target black voting districts with surgical precision.
So, not the type of #SurgicalSummer some of y'all are thinking of. :whoa:

We have federal judges and SCOTUS appointees being appointed that refuse to say whether Brown v. Board of Education was correctly decided, opening the possibility of the return to segregation in some form.

We have congressional pedophiles candidates that suggest that since this country "introduced new rights" in 1965 (i.e. the Voting Rights Act), it's causing too many problems. This pedophile congressional candidate fortunately lost his bid, but only by a 1.5% margin.

We have an Attorney General who believes that the Voting Rights act is too intrusive, and is trying to focus less on enforcing it.

This same AG tried to keep elderly black people from voting, is deciding not to focus on crimes committed by white, right-wing terrorists (arguably the groups that have the highest body count), and invented a new designation of "black identity extremist" to demonize the Black Lives Matter movement.

Lastly, we have openly white supremacist candidates running for the Senate and House this November, due to racists being emboldened by our current administration.

What I'm trying to say is this: now is not the time for fence-sitting.

Now is the time to pay attention.
Pob2t7y.png

Do you research and find out when in your state and locality your primaries are coming up. (Ballotpedia is a good resource.) Then research the candidates, make sure you're registered to vote, and encourage others to vote.

Donate to candidates you believe in.

And if you don't have a particular candidate you like, ask yourself: "of the choices I have, which one is more likely to protect my civil rights?"
EQ2YkhP.png

Don't be complacent. Your voting rights shouldn't be taken for granted. Again, if your vote didn't matter, there wouldn't be so many people trying to take it away from you.

Be smart, brehs.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussions about PAWGs and f*ckery.
JKqoHWy.png

Last edited:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Word on the street is that you killed another righteous breh and you work with the CIA :jbhmm: clarify that shyt Tchalla before you tell me to vote for “the man”

I let that colonized c00n see the sunrise before he died, I call that being a good king:kanyebp:

I used a CIA agent to help stabilize my country, I call that being resourceful :panthersafe:

tocedaw

Pro
Daps
Seriously, if your vote didn't matter, there wouldn't be so many people trying to take it away from you.

Its this simple, it always has been yall. Hope to see all my Michigan brehs in August and November. My belief is that the majority of this country is against the policy and rhetoric of this administration, they just have to vote.

Creeping authoritarianism is the motivation this time around. But yall make sure to keep this energy in the future. A well informed and energized black electorate is key if we want to truly see the changes our community needs.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
I ain't never voted and I ont ever plan on it.

If the system -and more specifically white people if we being honest- is the root issue than I'm not sure how or why yall feel rotating different versions of representatives of said system makes much difference.

Makes no sense to me, but ay, anything to never look the real problem in the eye I guess:ld:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Its not that our votes don’t matter, it’s that the ones making the rules always trying to destabilise your power therefore less appealing to fight in terms of votes...

I just think it’s important to have politics and pursue them actively in your life, not political parties...

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I know I’m in the minority of this thought process but presidential elections>local. Hear me out on this because the president has a major influence on the world so the leadership style has a trickle down effect. This white pride epidemic isn’t gonna slow over progressive house seats. Gotta start from the top down but local is a great start in order to force candidates to at least lie about caring of whatever personal interest you may have.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston

If the system -and more specifically white people if we being honest- is the root issue than I'm not sure how or why yall feel rotating different versions of representatives of said system makes much difference.

Makes no sense to me, but ay, anything to never look the real problem in the eye I guess:ld:

So what are you doing to address the real problem? What do you recommend the rest of us do?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Grandkids: "Granddad, what were you doing when blacks had the vote?":lupe::lupe::lupe:

Grandpa @rbksNgirbauds : "There was so much f*ckery, I didn't have time or energy to vote.":russell:

Grandkids: :gucci::dahell::mindblown:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Its not that our votes don’t matter, it’s that the ones making the rules always trying to destabilise your power therefore less appealing to fight in terms of votes...

I just think it’s important to have politics and pursue them actively in your life, not political parties...

True, and I'm not really advocating for any particular parties, but let's be honest:

There's only one party at the moment that seems focused on limiting voting rights. Yeah, all politicians say one thing and do another, but if one side is trying to limit your voting rights while the other isn't, it's not the time to talk about "both sides".

If one cac is trying to burn down your house and another cac is trying to stop him, the worst response is "well, f*ck both you cacs":pacspit:.

Not only have you tricked yourself into doing nothing about the situation, you're actually helping the person who means you the most harm.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
True, and I'm not really advocating for any particular parties, but let's be honest:

There's only one party at the moment that seems focused on limiting voting rights. Yeah, all politicians say one thing and do another, but if one side is trying to limit your voting rights while the other isn't, it's not the time to talk about "both sides".

If one cac is trying to burn down your house and another cac is trying to stop him, the worst response is "well, f*ck both you cacs":pacspit:.
i dunno, I got to be honest, I just don’t like western ideals like that...