We really treat this planet like we have other options and shyt.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Climate change is very real.

And elon musk and SpaceX and billionaires aren't going to save us anytime soon.

We need to invest in the future otherwise we won't have one. This decade is gonna be the decade of disaster...mostly man made.

The amount of animal species going extinct is depressing.

Skies in SF turning orange from forest fires
brushfires in subsaharan africa, australia, india, california, washington, oregon, even here in colorado.

What happens when places become too hot to even be inhabitable by human beings?

By 2035 we're just going to see cities underwater like New Orleans, Miami, NYC, Los Angeles (if Earthquakes haven't already devastated it).

I mean...we can talk about problems...but that's sad...let's talk about solutions. What do we need to do to possibly reavert the doom and gloom are future holds?

Cause we can't live like this forever. Climate change is going to change people's migration patterns and it threatens to displace MILLIONS of people. As well it's going to exhaust so many of our resources and social systems that are already broken.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
We won’t change until we don’t have a choice.
We're at that point now.

But because the effects aren't as extreme we're not taking the proper precautions to make sure that climate change can be curbed.

Even though we are losing polar ice cap Parts the size of Manhattan this year.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
We're at that point now.

But because the effects aren't as extreme we're not taking the proper precautions to make sure that climate change can be curbed.

Even though we are losing polar ice cap Parts the size of Manhattan this year.
I hear you, right now we have the illusion of choice, though. Unfortunately that’s enough

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Selfishness impedes us for making any real moves. Not only do the powers that be have to think altruistically (spelling?) about other people being impacted (because they still have ressources to alleviate the immediate effects of climate change on them, if not escape them) but also about future generations. There's no incentive whatsoever to do either : they've never cared about the majority of people, and have always only cared about the here and now.

Even worse : now that the effects are becoming more clear, some will start saying "Well it's already too late, what's the use in doing something now?" and just settle for marginal changes and "policies", with the faint hope that, maybe, in some undetermined moment in the future, humanity will have figured a way to abandon ship and go destroy another planet.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
I hope that now we saw how terrible & downright pathetic people like trump or bolsonaros leadership was during a crisis, there is a shift to people who are more reasonable and also don’t deny climate change in charge

what I also think is that in order to get people to truly participate/play a part in making a change You need to target them financially, give people who do „good“ benefits and tax the others/make them pay more

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yup

Gas cars need to go

and we need to eat less meat

it’s too late for that too many cars already made you realize everything you ever thrown away is sitting somewhere right now

only hope for humans is to find a warm hole in space and travel to another planet or live in space stations

the human race is a virus and the earth is trying to get rid of it

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
That's the one thing Boomers really gave us their mess to inherit knowing that they won't be around to see it.

its infuriating

force people into retirement at age 60 and provide a stronger social security system for them or some shyt

they should be downsizing by that age anyway

they need to get the fukk out of the way before its too late