Wendy Williams Loses Chevrolet Sponsorship Following HBCU And NAACP Remarks

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wendy Williams received tons of backlashes earlier this week after she made some remarks about historically black colleges and the NAACP.

During a segment of “Hot Topics”, the talk show host was speaking on Jesse Williams’ acceptance speech at this years BET Awards, and she had this to say:

“On the other hand, I would be really offended if there was a school that was known as a historically white college. We have historically black colleges. What if there was the National Organization for White People, only? There’s the NAACP.”

According to Love B. Scott, a source exclusively revealed because of her comments, Williams lost the shows sponsorship with Chevrolet. Back in April, The Wendy Williams Show signed a deal Chevrolet, Carat Media and ACE Media Corp. to include on-air promotion of the 2016 Chevy Malibu.

The deal was set to continue for the rest of this year with custom digital content and social media marketing.

Sources say Wendy has been “sobbing all week”, although she refuses to apologize.

She addressed the backlash this week where she called herself a “mighty proud black woman” and denied being a “Stacey Dash”.

Wendy Williams Loses Chevrolet Sponsorship Following HBCU And NAACP Remarks - The Shade Room

I dont want to see anyone else tell me that black business or building our economic power up as being racist. All other race groups throw their power around when someone offends us. Its about time we start doing the same.

Andrea Holmes Thompkins, President and CEO of ACE Media Corp (the company responsible for facilitating the Chevy partnership), graduated from Howard University, with Wendy:

andrea3.jpg

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hate feminists to the core. But nikkas been saying this shyt for years without reprocutions. :patrice:

Have u talked to an hbcu nikka, they sip the kool aid way more than anyone else. :dame:

If u going to compete, show them what we taught themin a public setting :jawalrus: