“We're Not Outlandish Characters” - Roman Reigns

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

"It's a different product. We're not these outlandish characters. I love and respect every era of wrestling, we're just in more of a reality-based, competitive based product. We don't have it to where everybody has a mascot or manager or animal theme. It's about putting all eyes on the championship. Who is going to be the winner? Who can get to the top of the mountain? It's very important that you're able to keep up with the times. It's awesome to look good, but it has to translate within your movement, action, storytelling. We want to have the biggest guys possible, but you've got to be able to move. You want to be athletic, you've got to be able to sell. There's a lot of things you have to do to create that atmosphere to make them explode," he said.

:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
Yeah becuz john cena didnt get turned into 5 versions of himself by a demonic demon
And aJ styles didnt get buried by some phantom biker
At the biggest wwe ppv and the most praised matches of the 2 wrestlemania shows

:mjlol:

That’s the thing Undertaker and the Fiend are outlandish characters. Go figure they had the most interesting matches. Even RVD and Angle were outlandish. Unless you’re Bret or Benoit, you can’t get away with just being a pure wrestler. You gotta be outlandish to some degree or else your matches are skip-able.

Last edited:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the thing Undertaker and the Fiend are outlandish characters. Go figure they had the most interesting matches. Even RVD and Angle were outlandish. Unless you’re Bret or Benoit, you can’t get away with just being a pure wrestler. You gotta be outlandish to some degree or else your matches are skip-able.

The wrestlers may be more reality based. Personality wise.
But i dont see any realism in kicking out of even just 1 curb stomp or any finisher move. Where your head is getting bashed. Or being put in a submission hold and resisting for 5 minutes before you either tap out or reverse the hold.Fighting doing cartwheels and backflips isnt realistic either. Roman reigns being some sort of superman who always finds the strength is outlandish. Never any bloodshed is outlandish

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
edit:

Considering there’s no Mantaur or Turkey running around, I guess he’s right.

iD0Exez.gif