We’ve seen this Luka story many times before

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
New young star comes in and is dominant and skilled Offensively beyond everyones expectations, puts up razzle dazzle numbers and highlights every week, wins many mvps, scoring titles, and all other kinds of accolades

then in the postseason his low iq ballhog “system” gets exposed and leaves the media and talking heads wondering why and what went wrong and then putting the blame on his teammates and coaches instead

Since i saved us the first 5 or 6 seasons of his career, the only question is how will his tenure on the Mavs end? Luka finally becoming a team player who can play within an actual system or jumping onto another stacked team to ring chase? Those are the only two paths for this archetypes

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Good point. The numbers are nice, but where’s the substance? I become less impressed with the stats as time goes on. Kawhi sonned him the other night.

Thats Fun Guy though, he a seasoned NBA vet. They was supposed to win the series. Fluka played great overall. I think he still in the grace period phase where he get a pass for playoff failures cause hasn’t been in the league long and he hasn’t had adequate help yet. The next few years, it will be fair to start criticizing more.

Daps
Good point. The numbers are nice, but where’s the substance? I become less impressed with the stats as time goes on. Kawhi sonned him the other night.
Kawhi is also more experienced and has more players to carry the load. He wouldn't be winning shyt with this Mavs squad as its currently structured.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Bron
Harden
Russ
Giannis
Giannis wasn’t good from jump. He was the original “a year away from being a year away”?

Bron came into the league and everyone already thought he was the real deal.

Maybe Russ and Harden fit the mold but they were part of the Thunder when they came in and shared their scrutiny with KD. Honestly KD would be the closest thing I can think of compared to Luka.