What a piece of shyt Joe Frazier was

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
fraizer helped ali when nobody would, then ali shytted on him.

Alot of older heads in the know (my pops included), say that Joe wasn't exactly doing that out of the kindness of his heart. It wasn't like Ali was some unknown up and coming fighter. He was the undefeated boxing superstar that was still unofficially the heavyweight champ of the world. Ole Joe wasn't as dumb as people think. He was a very crafty man. He had a vested interest in getting the biggest name in sports the ability to fight again. Those 3 fights put a ton of money in Fraziers pocket.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He is a hero. He was deeply flawed, but Ali is still a great man.

exactly even MLK had flaws, most hero's/greats do, it's a part of history. There should be no respect lost for Ali, everybody knows someone they respect with flaws, whether they know it or not. Ali made a mistake, should be left at that, Frazier should have also let bygones be bygones and shook it off.

Last edited:

calh45

Cal
Daps
:to: I lost so much respect for Ali after I watched that doc. Be humble and giving brehs

I haven't watched the doc, but I know the older I get the more I understand how shytty of a person Ali was for going that route with Joe. It's kinda hard to respect the man now. He could say "heat of the moment", but that shyt spanned across years.

I had the same wake up call with Jordan that I had with Ali. Jordan was/is a shytty person and even if the threadstarter turns out to be trolling there's entirely too many cats giving athletes passes because they're great at a sport.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alot of older heads in the know (my pops included), say that Joe wasn't exactly doing that out of the kindness of his heart. It wasn't like Ali was some unknown up and coming fighter. He was the undefeated boxing superstar that was still unofficially the heavyweight champ of the world. Ole Joe wasn't as dumb as people think. He was a very crafty man. He had a vested interest in getting the biggest name in sports the ability to fight again. Those 3 fights put a ton of money in Fraziers pocket.
Whatever his reasoning is he went above and beyond to help Ali and deserved at the very least respect not to be called Uncle Tom and gorilla .joe Frazier was also hurt to much and reacted to strongly to not have been really hurt by Ali . He turned down that tournament for Ali's title too and asked the president to help him that's deeper than just Being a opportunist breh look at fraziers upbringing and shyt

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't watched the doc, but I know the older I get the more I understand how shytty of a person Ali was for going that route with Joe. It's kinda hard to respect the man now. He could say "heat of the moment", but that shyt spanned across years.

I had the same wake up call with Jordan that I had with Ali. Jordan was/is a shytty person and even if the threadstarter turns out to be trolling there's entirely too many cats giving athletes passes because they're great at a sport.
I wish I could of seen a doc about why Ali acted this way? It was comfortably unnecessary

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
apparently op thinks its ok for a black man to call another, a guy who helped him out before, an uncle tom and compare him to monkey in front of white people

but its 'c00nish' to make fun of the other guy's disease ?

I will never condone anyone making fun of a legit disease, but in this case, frazier got old counts to settle.