What Are The 5 Essential MCU Movies You Have To See Before Infinity War?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
IM 1
Avengers
Cap 2
Guardians of the galexy
Civil War.

I really wanna just say make it 6 and put Cap 1 in there somewhere. But without thinking TOO hard that's a good order though I'm not quite sure you can really narrow it down to just 5 and get the best snapshot you can possibly get trying to jump straight into Infinity war. Doc is another one of those that really explain the nature of the threat when it comes to the stones but I don't know where to plug it in.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Need to see understand whats going on in Infinity War? If that then I would say these:

Avengers
Guardians 1
Avengers 2
Doctor Strange
CA: Civil War

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Also worth mentioning for your friend or anyone trying to catch up, the MCU Exchange is releasing a "Road to Infinity War" next week...that'll get em up to speed.

Here's their Road to Civil War...it's perfect. Looks like something that came directly from Marvel Studios.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Need to see understand whats going on in Infinity War? If that then I would say these:

Avengers
Guardians 1
Avengers 2
Doctor Strange
CA: Civil War

This is probably the best suggestion so far for a person that presumably has only watched BP and is only going to watch 5 films before seeing Infinity War.

You get an introduction of all of the main players, including BP, Wanda, Thanos, the Guardians, Strange, Spider-Man, and Vision, plus Hulkbuster explanation, and enough of the infinity stone explanations to make sure they can go in understanding the gist of it all.

I’m tempted to say Thor Ragnarok to explain why Asgardians are outside of earth with Loki and Hulk but I don’t see a movie on the list I can swap out without losing something important.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
well you gotta think what's essential... if you never seen the shyt before, you need to know the following

who are the avengers.... so 1 and 2

who is thanos.... guardians plus the first 2 avengers

what are the infiinity stones... same movies as above... plus dr strange

the last movie can be whatever... i mean Winter soldier was good, but there wasn't any essential info.... ironman 1 was good but nothing was there that i couldn't know from the other 4.... i guess the last would be civil war, cause it was most recent with a lot of people, and will probably explain why they aren't together from jump

avengers 1
avengers 2
guardians
dr strange
civil war

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Avengers 1 -Thanos’s debut, Tesseract. Thor pretty much guessing Thanos sent Loki to Earth to raise hell.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 1- Thanos cameo, Power Stone,

Thor 2- Aether stone revealed, more of Thanos stirring up shyt in the Nine Realms.

Thor Ragnorok- Odin dies, which means The Nine Realms aren’t under his protection anymore, which basically puts da battery in Thanos back to invade Earth. Loki gets the Tesseract back in his hands.

Dr. Strange- Strange has the Time Stone and is installed as the protector of Earth from all alien threats.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The crazy thing is if u just need it for the infinity war plots Winter Solider isn't needed. Even though it's the best Marvel Movie

Iron Man 1
Avengers
Guardians 1
Age Of Ultron
Civil War

But i honestly think Thor Ragnorok has to be watched as well. That movie is what shows us the reason Thanos finally said it's time to fukk shyt up.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Avengers
Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy 1
Winter Soldier
Dr. Strange / Black Panther

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
They really don’t sound like super hero movie fans. Just have them watch a YouTube clip explaining the event so far and who has what stone. Don’t make people sit through dark world or dr strange