What can be done so that black men are less commitment-phobic?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I make this thread for no reason other than out of concern.

I know that out of wedlock doesn't = deadbeat dad, but the stats show that children do BETTER in every single metric when both parents are married. I was raised by my mom as my parents broke up when I was a baby, and even though my dad was in my life, it would've been way better for my development if my dad was actively raising me & bonding with me every day instead of every other weekend.

I mean, I understand in theory why most brehs wouldn't want to get married. "I DON'T WANT TO BE STUCK TO ONE WOMAN FOREVER!1!!!!!!!!111!!!1" "CHILD SUPPORT LAWS ARE UNFAIR!!!!1!!11!"

But that argument gets detonated when it shows that married men have MORE sex than single men, married men are HAPPIER than single men, the combination of income brings in MORE money for you, and you're supposed to look for a pleasant, COMPATIBLE woman so you won't have to worry about getting divorced anyway. :beli: And let's be real, most of y'all don't even make that much money to be worried about child support hurting you:usure:

So what's the problem? What needs to be done? Honestly, I don't understand why a man wouldn't WANT to get married :mindblown:

I mean, I cling devoutly to my Christian beliefs so I guess I probably look upon marriage more favorably than the average, but still. If you do your due diligence and search for the right woman whose morals/beliefs match up with yours, marriage is basically having an irresistibly sexy best friend that doubles your income every month

Remember this: Shared joy is DOUBLE the joy, and shared pain is only HALF the pain.

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
When there are fewer available females, men are quicker/more likely to get married. And vice versa.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
shyt is all a symptom of white supremacy that broke up the black family in the 70s. So we have a bunch of black men raised by single mothers taking on their momma's dysfunctional dating patterns, many even taking dikk just like her.

:dame:

I'm just keeping this shyt all the way real. You can also add feminism and mass incarceration to the table and I'm surprised any black ppl get married.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
The problem with marriage is not about the partner and having children, responsibilities

It's the backlash if the marriage that doesn't work that worries men of all backgrounds - today

Also many people today still define marriage with old traditions when they are not or do not move like old traditions. Too many people today want marriage for the title and the financial security, not the emotional, children, family security that marriage is suppose to come with.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
There's a lot of scared, insecure little boys running around here.

Some mask it with violence, some go the path of least resistance and PAWG/PAAG, and others wallow their own self pity and die alone.

At the end of the day you need to commit to have somebody. Not saying get married, that ain't for everyone, but you do need to have a ride or die in your back pocket...which 9 times out of 10, results in marriage :yeshrug:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
There's a lot of scared, insecure little boys running around here.

Some mask it with violence, some go the path of least resistance and PAWG/PAAG, and others wallow their own self pity and die alone.

At the end of the day you need to commit to have somebody. Not saying get married, that ain't for everyone, but you do need to have a ride or die in your back pocket...which 9 times out of 10, results in marriage :yeshrug:

Why is it a need?