What can Caribbean countries do in the global fight for black liberation?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
When people talk about the war against white supremacy, they always talk about AAs & Africa. I mean, rightfully so. AAs have had the most vocal/significant movements for black empowerment, and Africa is the world's breadbasket. But, no one ever brings up the West Indies. 43 million people on tropical islands southeast of North America.

Now, there is a catch 22. Most Caribbean countries are not resource-rich at all, with the exception of a few. A lot of them have economies that are more than 80% stimulated via tourism, a few subsist off offshore finance, and some countries make significant revenue off farming and small amounts of offshore oil. We see countries like Jamaica that have sold their soul to China, and we see in a lot of countries where the black people are the poorest, while the mulattos/Arabs/South & East Asians reap in profit. In the Bahamas (where I have relatives) I hear stories of the Chinese coming to set up businesses, but nobody fukks with them because they treat locals like shyt. Chinese investors, however have parlayed some money into some government projects, such as the megaresort Baha Mar which opened last year after lots of controversy.

So what do you think? How can Caribbean nations do right by its people & blacks worldwide? How can they help in the fight for black freedom?

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
There's nothing that can be done. Every black nation whether Africa or Carribean all have given themselves in some form to the West or to China(or both). And no black country has any real power or wealth to have complete control of their futures.

And that's not even accounting the cultural differences among all black groups that potentially slow down progress.

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
There’s a high unemployment rates in the carribean, my cousins from Barbados tell me everyone in Barbados has a college degree but they will get a job at chephettes or working on a farm doing cheap labor because there are not many jobs.

It’s a small country , and old employees don’t retire.