What Do You Do When You Lose Motivation?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
if its a serious thread, i use property magazines and fine famous broads to remind me i am no where near there yet so double up.

577_6kirl41m4nxhr1jjvxa7rjvcz.jpg

SHF190036_25-JPG-l-1024x0.jpg

i always highlight the 2 bedrooms which is my aim.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Motivation and discipline are very different for me. I can “lose” motivation, yet still make myself stay disciplined. How I feel about something isn’t always considered when I’m focused on execution or staying the course.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Motivation and discipline are very different for me. I can “lose” motivation, yet still make myself stay disciplined. How I feel about something isn’t always considered when I’m focused on execution or staying the course.

whole post on point but can i ask what you mean by lose motivation and still remain disciplined, any rough examples to illustrate this? thanks.

yes lol i am trying new tactics of self improvement lol.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
whole post on point but can i ask what you mean by lose motivation and still remain disciplined, any rough examples to illustrate this? thanks.

To me, losing motivation is emotion based. For example, I don’t always feel like working out. Most days the motivation to get there and jog 3-4 miles doesn’t exist:patrice: But I think about how far I’ve come and the consequences of not staying disciplined. I do a quick cost benefit analysis in my head i suppose. I’d rather suck it up and do what I don’t “feel” like doing or even wanna do in order to continue to chip away at my overall goal (increased cardiovascular health, weight loss and maintenance , etc). It’s a mental thing. I’m also finishing my bachelors full time and working full time, and lawd knows I would rather spend my time doing other shyt 100% of the time:mjcry:. But I know If I don’t just get the shyt done and execute, I won’t be the only one negatively impacted... my son would be as well.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
To me, losing motivation is emotion based. For example, I don’t always feel like working out. Most days the motivation to get there and jog 3-4 miles doesn’t exist:patrice: But I think about how far I’ve come and the consequences of not staying disciplined. I do a quick cost benefit analysis in my head i suppose. I’d rather suck it up and do what I don’t “feel” like doing or even wanna do in order to continue to chip away at my overall goal (increased cardiovascular health, weight loss and maintenance , etc). It’s a mental thing. I’m also finished my bachelors and lawd knows I would rather spend my time doing other shyt 100% of the time:mjcry: But I know If I don’t just get the shyt done and execute, I won’t be the only one negatively impacted... my son would be as well.

dope.

so you make it a necessity for immediate benefit, like the smallest hole can sink a ship. so you have to keep your mentality solid consistently no days off?

real talk, because there was this famous dude an explorer of some kind who got stuck on an island (this was in 33 strategies of war) and had no choice but to make use of the material around him to get out that island. that island is our mentality we got to put effort in so that's the discipline and our end goals/plans thats the motivation, thats nice thinking.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps

lol it works i look at my spot and smh then mind elevate with a cutie to a nice home, i immediately kick back into action. realistically see how far off i am and of course it helps me with saving money since i dont chase girls, never had the dating luck but i know if i had a nice 2 bedroom home :wow::russ:

TL15

Veteran
Daps

discipline is a set of systems that you put in place that guide you

motivation is just fuel for the moment

there’s a video called “The 20 mile march” on YouTube that basically outlines the difference. If you were to hike across the country, it’s better to just do a set amount of miles per day every day (regardless of conditions) than it is to over exert when you’re motivated and then rest when you’re not, or over exert when conditions are fair and rest when they aren’t

Off topic but breh at 2:05 of the video in OP puts up a terrible shot :dead: