What exactly is GENERATIONAL WEALTH?

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I always hear the words generational wealth thrown around like a frisbee, but nobody ever really describes what it means in the grand scheme of things...

Is it money? If so unless we're speaking from a class point of view in terms of income, what wealth does a poor person really have if they live on services or work low/minimum wage jobs? What wealth can they build from that? I can't envision poor people building generational wealth outside of momentary wealth.

Children? If that's the case okay I get it in terms of passing genes / "looking towards the future" yada yada...but you can never tell the future beforehand and what it holds for them, financially.

Or something else?

So I'm asking what exactly is generational wealth and does it even mean anything outside of a particular class of people, who've already obtained wealth in the first place?

:jbhmm:

*Don't come inside the thread all preachy either...just straightforward answers*

Daps
Reppin
Money that can be passed down the line to future generations. That’s the simple version :yeshrug:
Yeah, but what money does a poor person have that can be saved and passed down?

Which is why I'm looking at generational wealth as a class (income) topic because unless we're talking about six/seven figure groups of people, I don't see poorer lower income individuals doing the same thing.

Daps
Reppin
/thread. This nikka asked a simple ass question lol
No it's not simple dumbass...

Unless we're talking about a specific class of people in terms of income... what wealth does a poor low income, low wage or a person on services have to pass down in the first place?

What exact wealth is there to pass down if there isn't any?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that you don’t know is THE problem brotha
nwL7Z4i.jpg

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
No it's not simple dumbass...

Unless we're talking about a specific class of people in terms of income... what wealth does a poor low income, low wage or a person on services have to pass down in the first place?

What exact wealth is there to pass down if there isn't any?

Generational wealth isn’t something poor people can participate in. That’s supposed to be implied breh.....

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I always hear the words generational wealth thrown around like a frisbee, but nobody ever really describes what it means in the grand scheme of things...

Is it money? If so unless we're speaking from a class point of view in terms of income, what wealth does a poor person really have if they live on services or work low/minimum wage jobs? What wealth can they build from that? I can't envision poor people building generational wealth outside of momentary wealth.

Children? If that's the case okay I get it in terms of passing genes / "looking towards the future" yada yada...but you can never tell the future beforehand and what it holds for them, financially.

Or something else?

So I'm asking what exactly is generational wealth and does it even mean anything outside of a particular class of people, who've already obtained wealth in the first place?

:jbhmm:

*Don't come inside the thread all preachy either...just straightforward answers*

It means that you got so much money that you couldn't spend it all even if you tried
So when you pass, your children, possibly even your grandchildren will have money or be set for life
If the future generations dont fukk the money up, it can go on like that for hundreds of years

Most white families in America have some measure of wealth.
The middle aged dude who wears Rustler jeans to the office and bytches about how wasteful it is to eat at a restaurant for lunch will be sitting on a few hundred Gs:sas2:
Cacs consider that regular, nothing special at all. Just upper middle class.
When the new cac kid at the office is talking about buying a house in his 20's, and you're trying to figure out how:dahell:, that's why
They'll lie to your face and tell you its just hard work and you could do it too if you just apply yourself.:duck:
What they dont tell you is that they have a trust fund, they got tens of thousands of dollars in college grad gifts, and probably got the down payment from their parents. :feedme:
If the parents don't flat out give them the down payment, they'll loan it to them.
When someone in the family dies, best believe a substantial amount of money is coming their way.:ahh:
We're not even talking about the stocks, bonds, and other financial goodies their parent sock away for them from birth.:dwillhuh:
The game is rigged as fukk.

Marzupial

Banned
Daps
Generational wealth isn’t something poor people can participate in
I disagree with this

Poor people can and should but it's only possible with group economics, and not with the individualist "I'm gon get richer than all you nikkas" mentality

I also believe that's the reason polygamy is illegal in the western society. You could easily live a lavish life if it was legal