What game series did you not expect to like but got hooked on?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked the first wolfenstein suprisingly, didn’t like the second.

For me blasphemous and concrete genie probably qualify

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GTA starting with 2…didn’t hear or know about the first one at the time

dishonored is a better answer tho since the whole series had been released by the time the first one was suggested to me…wasn’t certain if I’d like it or not but ended up loving the series

mass effect 1-3 as well…even tho it was heavily recommended and I had high expectations for it, I literally almost bailed on the first one…glad I stuck with it tho…didn’t think the series would be as impactful as it was…ended up being the first/only RPG series I’ve completed and hands down the best storylines I’ve experienced in gaming

Last edited:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Granblue Fantasy. A mobile gacha game has the best JRPG somehow, and only behind Divinity Original Sin 2 and Baldurs Gate 3 as a whole :hubie:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Mass Effect
Dragoon Age

Final Fantasy really started my love of RPGs
Didn’t want to play it because I thought it was some D&D stuff:mjlol:

Now Baldur’s Gate 3 is one of my favorite games now:russ:

I’ll add the Elder Scrolls but it really only Skyrim I don’t play Oblivion enough I think Morrowind is trash & waiting on ES 6 :francis:

Superstar
Daps
The premise of Days gone didn’t interest me at all. It showed up free on ps plus, and I deleted after less than 30 mins in. For whatever reason I started again a year or two ago and couldn’t put it down until the end credits. I still hated the main character and most of the conversations, but the gameplay loop had me locked in.