What game or series did you buy on a whim and fell in love with?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Persona Series but it was weird, I didn't love Persona 3 at first. I saw it on forums mentioned a lot, so I bought it on PS3 via BC and thought it was okay. The setting was different but the dungeon crawling aspect of Tartarus put me off. Then I went and dl'd Persona 4 on an emulator a while later and loved the game so much that 40 hours into it, I stopped playing the game and bought Persona 4 Golden on the Vita to start the whole game over.

Uncharted. Bought it after hating it because I used to be an Xbox stan during the early 360 days. Loved it and the rest was history.

Bayonetta

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Ys Origin

I’d heard of the series because of weebs hyping YS VIII on forums. Watched a gameplay video and wasn’t too impressed, mostly because of the generic art direction and low production values for a vita/ps4 game.

One day I was browsing the Xbox live store deals and saw YS Origin on sale. I looked at the trailer and screenshots and I was instantly sold.
I have 1&2 one of my og's told me about it. The older games are hard.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Family member gave me $100 when I was 8 back in '00. On the way home, we stopped by Toys 'R Us. I ended up getting FF8, Legend of Dragoon, & Tarzan for the Playstation. Fell in love instantly with FF8 & LoD, and I still had around $40 left. :wow:

'Till this day, two of the best gaming gambles I ever made. Tarzan wasn't bad, either.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Persona 5 Royal :blessed:
I did the same when Persona 4 had came out on PC I had played the Persona Ultimax game and was in the mood for an rpg got that shyt and played that shyt day and night until I beat it which is rare for me lately.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Wildermyth
Persona 5
Diablo 4

shout out to @Fatboi1 for ALWAYS talking about how good Persona was, one day I say it was on sale for cheap so I bought it and... damn its that good

Last edited: