What Got You Into MMA & Boxing?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I used to watch Boxing with my father :jawalrus: Then, in 2012 I started back watching it. Also, when Brock went to the UFC I got into MMA/BJJ. Well:whoo: it was when Brock did that fight in K-1. What made yall the fans that you are today?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Boxing - it was being around my father, uncles, and the other neighborhood dads when they would come over to watch fights as a little kid

MMA - UFC 1..my father still has the VHS of the first one we recorded off the OG Hot box..its somewhere buried among the boxing tapes he has

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Boxing - it was being around my father, uncles, and the other neighborhood dads when they would come over to watch fights as a little kid

MMA - UFC 1..my father still has the VHS of the first one we recorded off the OG Hot box..its somewhere buried among the boxing tapes he has
Cool

Daps
This is very easy to answer for me

It was smart for Dana to debut "The Ultimate Fighter" right after Raw went off the air in 2005 on Spike (I believe)

He stole all WWE's adult fanbase by having compelling reality tv characters who actually fist fought their way to stay in a house

So the unique combo of "The Real World" meets WWE meets bare knuckle fighting was just too
:wow: for my impressionable mind back then

Then Forrest Griffin vs Stephen Bonnar being a classic moment in reality tv history sealed the deal

Also, the acquisition of old Pride fighters making the jump to UFC for some dream fights was awesome. My nikka Rampage
:salute:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got into boxing by being around my pops, he's a hardcore stan and would watch every and any kind of fight. MMA I got into mostly due to Anderson Silva during his peak run.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Learning how to fight when I was 18-19. Took a long break then found the OG thread on SOHH around '08. Been hooked ever since.

Boxing>>>>>nfl/nba/mlb/nhl/anything except for getting money hoes and dome

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
The first fight I ever watched was Machida/Rashad. A masterful performance by Machida, been hooked ever since.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
My dad watched boxing so I did.

When I got older I watched the early UFCs before it got banned, then PRIDE(never die), then the UFC in it's current incarnation/Strikeforce/Bellator/WSOF

I like combat sports :yeshrug:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Always been into the sport and I grew up watching tyson with my pops. I started boxing when I was around 14 up until 17 when I moved out of my parents crib. Got back into it about 3 years ago.