LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
I remember when there was so much hype place upon the development of google glasses. Said it was gonna revolutionize the world. Watching surveillance man videos rejogged my memory if it. What happen?

giphy.gif

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
A couple of issues caused it to flop

People didn't like how weird and uncomfortable they looked, people were worried about privacy issues and the shyt just didn't garner no super amount of hype.

At this point, I'm more interested in Microsoft Holo Lens which still seems to be on track

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A couple of issues caused it to flop

People didn't like how weird and uncomfortable they looked, people were worried about privacy issues and the shyt just didn't garner no super amount of hype.

At this point, I'm more interested in Microsoft Holo Lens which still seems to be on track
Microsoft loves abandoning tech. I'm surprised they still have fans. I wouldn't trust them to back anything they make at this point.

Mana

Kung Fu Mama
Daps
Reppin
Boards don't hit back
Face recognition apps were being downloaded, and like clockwork, men were using it to scan the faces of women in public they found attractive to find Facebook, Tinder and other private information about relationship status, hoping they could hook up or date her.

Women complained for good reason. Huge privacy breach using technology to stalk women in public.

After this I didn't hear much about Google glass.

Being in IT, I don't put any personal information about me online. That includes pictures as well.

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Several witnesses told KPIX5 that Slocum was very friendly, as were others in the bar who were excited to see the high tech glasses demonstrated.

But then, the witnesses said some people inside the bar got upset about the possibility of being recorded by the glasses. Brian Lester said he watched as a man insulted Slocum, then a man accompanying her retaliated with his fists.

“The crowd was jeering as any last call crowd would do with a fight outside of a bar,” Lester said. “She was running around very excited … and people were telling her, ‘you’re being an *** take those glasses off.”

“I think everybody was just upset that she would be recording outside of a bar this late with obvious embarrassing behavior going on,” Lester added. “And just rather insulted that someone thinks it’s okay to record them the entire time they’re in public.”

Friends posting on Slocum’s Facebook page were extremely sympathetic and supportive. The bartender told KPIX 5 that he was shocked that this sort of thing happened here.

But a man who only gave his first name of “Brian” said he was not surprised.

“You know, the crowd at Molotov’s is not a tech-oriented crowd for the most part,” said Brian. “It’s probably one of the more punk rock bars in the city. So you know, it’s not really Google Glass country.”

Brian said it did not mean anybody should get physically attacked.

“Of course not … But a level of tact in that type of establishment might have behooved her,” Brian said.

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
Honestly they can stop tryibg to develop it. There is to much surveillance already, nobody wants it in the hand of citizens. Think about all the stalkers abd killers that can use it to acquire ur information? Surveillance man actually made a point.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Too dorky and lack of privacy, and the worst of it is that it was being developed by Google of all companies who feed off people's information.

If this was Apple who created Glass, it would've been a major success,