What happened to Gen z and the younger Gen in music? The majority of the top music acts in every genre are in their 30s or they are pushing 30

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say though when I go through a music binge on YT, it's obvious how much more effort they put into their music back in the day compared to now. Even the videos were like mini-movies.

This Rain on Me video is basically a short film.

Alicia Keys first two songs were connected with dude being in prison then trying to get a job. You don't see separate songs connected like that alot in today's music.

I love this song by Snoh Alegra. This would've fit perfectly on the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill but, of course, she's a Millennial :heh:

I will say H.E.R. is dope Gen Z artist. She definitely channeling Aaliyah right here in terms of her look. Looking sexy as a muthafukka :takedat:

This my shyt too :banderas:

Last edited:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's metrics that show who is or isn't. The issue is more that nobody new is really poppin

Popping in what sense.

Cause the industry in this country has no one to blame but itself. Absolutely no real development, no real planning, just going for numbers over talent.

It ain't happening in other countries like this, young real talent are now consistently coming through.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
They came out 10 years ago other than ice spice
And she trash
Don't move the goalposts. If we're going to go there then I'll post newer artists and nggaz will say "who's that" well no shyt yall don't know them. They're just starting out and will be big eventually. Billie eillish first single was in 17 or 18 and now people won't shut up about her in certain corners.

Kali uchis showed up in 2018 and she's still selling out venues. Baby keem has features with Kendrick Lamar and he's 22 and started making music in 2017. Olivia Rodrigo is 20 and people didn't know who that was in 2015 but she's selling out too. Key glock is 26 and is putting out hits and cac Harlow is popular with gen z and he's 25.

There aren't maybe as much because a lot of young people would rather make money as streamers and because they're waking up to the absolute horror show that is the music industry and Hollywood. Why subject yourself to be treated like shyt by managers and promoters when you can be in total control of your image and make money on your own terms?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikki Minaj 50
full