What Happens If Biafra Gains Its Independence From Nigeria?

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
What's to stop Biafra from becoming just another corrupt, impoverished African country? Serious question.

Biafra will probably never see the light of day. It would inspire secessionist movements all across Africa (even the world) and the powers that be do not want that to happen.

re: Biafra becoming corrupt, impoverished

A few responses:
1 - The problems which have manifested in Nigeria are problems borne out of Nigeria's current dysfunctional political order. Biafra won't be led by 70 year old former military dictators and their associated Islamic radicals. Moreover, Biafra will likely enact 'true federalism', unlike the present Nigeria, because it is a key demand of the Biafran struggle. Mitigating the conflicts we see in Nigeria today. Also, no Boko Haram.
2- Biafra is blessed with human capital and natural resources (coal, natural gas, oil). We'll be fine.
3 - Given how wretched Nigeria is now, we have nothing to lose by leaving it. I don't want to be in Nigeria 50 years from now when the Sahara's advance has forced Hausas and their Fulani friends to invade Anambra. NO!

@The Wave

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
fukk you

I'm the fool?

I bet you didn't even watch the video.

I wasn't even coming at you sideways I just wanted you to stop being a bytch and put things in perspective. Unified nations take time and years of stuggle... motherfukker

Nigeria will never be a unified nation. Stop dreaming. How can a nation of 40 million Hausas, 35 million Yorubas and 32 million Igbos be a single nation. Hausas, Yorubas and Igbos are their OWN nation.

Away with you.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
What do the Hausa think of Biafra?

A comment from a Hausa man from a Nigerian news website:
"The concept of islamization of Nigeria shows how strong and powerful Islam is in Nigeria. It's always the weak that nurses fears but the strong does not have any fear. No Muslim will talk of Christianization of Nigeria because we know that it's not possible.
Gowon ruled Nigeria for 9 years, obasanjo ruled for 8 years and Jonathan ruled for 6 years but Muslims never feared. But whenever we have a Muslim as our leader, they will start complaining of Islamization.
I have said it and I'm still repeating it that if your concept of islamization is that no Muslim should in position of authority, then know that Nigeria is on it's way to great islamization.
"

:francis:

We do not share the same philosophy on life

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Imagine the racist comments you see from White in America on the internet, but 10 times worse. Another example from the Hausa:
"Igbo wil never rule dis country ! Useless biafrans"
:lolbron:

If they hate us so much, why don't they let us leave?

It's because they know that without Biafra, their lives would be miserable :mjlol:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Khalid Haruna writes: "With the way igbo just cant let go the biafra agitation,it is better to go our seperate ways before something bad happen,the igbo should go home to biafra,igbo are four letter word like hutu of rwanda,once they made up their mind on something evil no amount of reasoning and preaching can stop,"

generic-username

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I would feel so much better if some messiah like figure came and forced y'all to drop all that stupid ass shyt. Islam and Christianity (and drop the Jew nonsense too). How dumb do y'all look fighting each other over white peoples philosophies you've adopted, and will now kill your fellow brother in your zeal for defending foreign ideologies given unto you by vile entities. SMH!.
Its really sad. Religious fanaticism is so prevalent in Nigeria. Dumb idiots going hard for religions that were imposed on us by European and Arab invaders.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Imagine the racist comments you see from White in America on the internet, but 10 times worse. Another example from the Hausa:
"Igbo wil never rule dis country ! Useless biafrans"
:lolbron:

If they hate us so much, why don't they let us leave?

It's because they know that without Biafra, their lives would be miserable :mjlol:

Khalid Haruna writes: "With the way igbo just cant let go the biafra agitation,it is better to go our seperate ways before something bad happen,the igbo should go home to biafra,igbo are four letter word like hutu of rwanda,once they made up their mind on something evil no amount of reasoning and preaching can stop,"

It pains me to see this ignorant tribalistic shyt. :snoop:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I support Biafra in principle... they should have the right to self-determination. but I don't want to see war and conflict. :no: What they did to Biafra in the last war was absolutely inhumane and genocidal.

Africa needs to move towards integration... not dissolving into smaller and smaller states. Nonetheless, most current states in Africa are colonial constructs. Hell, the modern nation-state is a colonial construct forced upon most of the world.

I want us to do it without war. If we pick up arms against the north, we will slaughtered again

We've done the 100-year treaty, we'be fulfilled our end of the bargain, let us lead in peace

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
A comment from a Hausa man from a Nigerian news website:
"The concept of islamization of Nigeria shows how strong and powerful Islam is in Nigeria. It's always the weak that nurses fears but the strong does not have any fear. No Muslim will talk of Christianization of Nigeria because we know that it's not possible.
Gowon ruled Nigeria for 9 years, obasanjo ruled for 8 years and Jonathan ruled for 6 years but Muslims never feared. But whenever we have a Muslim as our leader, they will start complaining of Islamization.
I have said it and I'm still repeating it that if your concept of islamization is that no Muslim should in position of authority, then know that Nigeria is on it's way to great islamization.
"

:francis:

We do not share the same philosophy on life

Are Yourba people muslim too or is it just/mainly hausa?

I dont think I know any Hausa Nigerians but I know some Nigerians that are muslim but never asked their ethnicity.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
My only fear is that if Biafra happens, we might see another South Sudan situation were the country that seceded ends up in civil war.

Unlikely if Biafra is made up of Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Northern Delta State and the Ikwerre parts of Rivers State.

I would say there's smaller chance even if Biafra includes states like Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

South Sudan fell into war because it was led by rebel generals. The Biafran movement is currently led by activists who want a referendum. Not a war.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Are Yourba people muslim too or is it just/mainly hausa?

I dont think I know any Hausa Nigerians but I know some Nigerians that are muslim but never asked their ethnicity.

I would say a 1/3rd of Yorubas are Muslim.

Muslims in Nigeria include many ethnicities such as the Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Gwari, Igala, Nupe etc etc

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Its really sad. Religious fanaticism is so prevalent in Nigeria. Dumb idiots going hard for religions that were imposed on us by European and Arab invaders.

Nigerian Woman Beheaded By Muslim Fanatics In Kano Is Named By Police | Sahara Reporters

Nigerian senator who 'married girl of 13' accused of breaking Child Rights Act

Abducted 14-yr-old Ese Oruru Is 5 months Pregnant | Sahara Reporters

You don't even know.

We don't want to live with them anymore. They're not normal.