What if Muskets and gunpowder were introduced to Africa first? CHANGE THE TIMELINE

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
And no I ain't high:ufdup:

Europe had like what...200years to work on muskets and firearms before They began to colonize Africa.

What if the formula for gunpowder and the technology to create muskets was given to Africa from China first and they had a 50year headscarf with the gunpowder formula over Europe?

What would you go back in time to change?

High Art

đź‘‘King of The Salonđź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Europe actually had a hard time taking Africa and it was partly if not mainly infighting that let them take over. Even with gunpowder, the euros got their shyt slapped a few times and were even forced to return slaves, such as with the portuguese and the kingdom of Kongo (namely King Nkanga Mvika I think), so it would probably change things considerably.

Raphaello

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York/Toronto
Nothing would change. Africans had guns before colonialism. Nearly 20 million guns were imported to Africa in the 18th century during the slave trade. Rifles and muskets were simply not enough to take over the continent that's why Europeans stayed primarily on the African coast. It wasn't until the late 1800s with the invention of machine guns like the gatling and maxim guns that Europeans had the firepower to enter the interior and take over the continent. Not to mention the invention of quinine so Europeans wouldn't die of malaria.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'HaĂŻti
Like others said, Africa was already full of guns.

Even black women had guns in West Africa lmfaoooo

Honestly it would just be tribal warfare... fighting for cultural supremacy.

Black men fighting other black men for dominance in their regions.... Zulus would solidify their supremacy over South Africa.

It would be bloody mayhem in West Africa. The warrior energy is intense on the West Coast.

Not too sure what would happen in East and North Africa

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
:mjpls:

So all Africans would have did with guns is expand slaving not self defence? Gotcha.
Yes, because that's what happened.....

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:jbhmm:
Mongols hit a lot of shyt before Africa bruh bruh...
(I don't see a mechanism to make the internal logic of your alt history stick)

11309.png

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps

Europe had like what...200years to work on muskets and firearms before They began to colonize Africa.

What if the formula for gunpowder and the technology to create muskets was given to Africa from China first and they had a 50year headscarf with the gunpowder formula over Europe?

It wouldn’t change that much for West/Central Africans. It might for Africans living around the Indian Ocean.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

You made this comment in a recent thread about a member returning from visiting his family in Nigeria.

Your exact comment "whites had muskets, Nigerians had arrows and spears"
I expected a Naija member to correct you.

Fact that you're rehashing the comment means that nobody pointed out to you why it was inaccurate.

@Raphaello posted the info in this thread. Though quinine was the more important development. Allowed Euros to survey the interior and draw up maps, which were recon missions for the plans that came into play when the continent was carved up.

Euro manufactured weapons were sold to the different ethnic groups for warfare against rival groups. Euros would sell weapons to both groups and had intricate reports on the nature of the conflicts. Which they would exploit and inflame for their benefit. Also, to be used later when they colonized the different regions.

Last edited:

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Alot of people don't know but, Portugal went into Japan and tried to enslave them before they tried to enslave Africans. Within a year or something the Japanese were able to mimic the guns the Portuguese had and they were shook and left. When they went into Africa they saw the "I got mine" attitude and started their conquest. If black people had guns first I still think we wouldve lost in the end:yeshrug:.

nikkas don't like to admit it but the main reason for Africa getting taken over had little to do with being "outsmarted" but more so to do with black peoples hate for other black people surprassing their hate for others.