What Is It Like Living in Miami for African Americans?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to hear from natives. I heard its like a sundown town and Cubans practice nepotism but every city is like that as far as face goes. Ill have a stable income and can cut past the politics...I'm not worried about the expense or nothing

I digress....Miami people holla at me. what are y'all experiences like?

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
OP plottin on the big move from his basement in Buffalo...:pachaha:

Homie gonna show up to the strip wit his coli demeanor and his luggage like...

tumblr_n0jgpqtKqG1qzdga6o1_400.gif

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
I want to hear from natives. I heard its like a sundown town and Cubans practice nepotism but every city is like that as far as face goes. Ill have a stable income and can cut past the politics...I'm not worried about the expense or nothing

:stopitslime::dahell:

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
It aint no sundown town lmao. Black people are not going for that out here.

If u AA...ur gonna be around alotta foreign blacks and alot of latinos obviously.

Yeah there is alot of nepotism. U knew that.

Other than that....ur gonna either have to look like money (most people here) or actually have money..

Most people are broke and wanna look like money:Fatmanlol:

Im not AA so I cant give u the full rundown in ur shoes. The homie @AddictedToHoes could break it down for u better.

Off the Onion

No tolerance for the fatherless
Daps

I live in ft Lauderdale not miami and I like it. I'm from from Nj btw

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If u AA...ur gonna be around alotta foreign blacks and alot of latinos obviously.

Other than that....ur gonna either have to look like money (most people here) or actually have money..

Im not AA so I cant give u the full rundown in ur shoes. The homie @AddictedToHoes could break it down for u better.
i dont get it tho. if everybody is fake balling, then why do they still pretend when they know anyway

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

For the OP, being AA in Miami, South Florida overall, have levels.

Highest level: Rich celebrity resident (Entertainer, athlete, etc)

Next: The token professional breh/brehette to meet that quota.

Followed by: The middle class public servants such as myself. Your teachers, water & waste, nurses, city and county jobs, LEOs, etc.

The unicorn: The major player dope dealers and scammers. The hype crowds are either in or pretend to be a unicorn.

The majority: Just getting by until they die. Low wage jobs, call centers, predatory loans, public assistance and going out on the weekends. Working class poor.

Bad choices: Your strippers, drug addicts, a lot of times both, boosters, career criminals

Lowest: The poor; that’s working age, no skills, at the most high school education, don’t qualify for any assistance. Work literally to survive to the next day and I’ve been here.

It’s more complicated than this but it’s the foundation.

Last edited: