What Kanye did for Tidal is crazy

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
400 million streams so far on tidal :wow:

Made it a Tidal exclusive, RIAA mad as shyt and refused to consider it even though it would've been the biggest hip hop release of the year based on the Tidal streams alone. :wow:

Took a paycut for Tidal, by not releasing it on the market for purchase :wow:

Kept working on the album and released an updated version to fully take advantage of Tidal's service:wow:

250 million streams in the first 10 days :wow:

As a point of comparison, Spotify, which counts 30 million paid subscribers to Tidal’s three million global users, said its best week of streaming belongs to Mr. Bieber’s latest album, “Purpose,” which debuted to 205 million global streams in seven days, and 224 million in its first 10 — fewer than Tidal’s count for “Pablo.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/02/arts/music/kanye-west-life-pablo-tidal-streams.html

Where are all the people that were clowning Kanye nonstop for releasing it on Tidal now? :sas1:

Mocking the man for supporting a black owned business :mjpls:

Everyone was saying Tidal can't be successful? WTF is Jay thinking going against Spotify?

Kanye proved all that shyt is false.

Last edited:

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Jay needs to walk up to Kanye and just :wow:
Kanye honestly could end up making Jay Z millions. Because it showed the world proof of the potential for Tidal. Tidal doing crazy numbers despite such a low subscriber base. Something no one would've guessed or expected because it goes against what's logical. But Tidal has exclusives which attracted it's users. It got these exclusives by promising to pay much much more per stream than spotify. Its crazy that Tidal is holding strong against not one but two giant companies, Apple Music and Spotify which have so much more money and power than Tidal.

I'd invest in Tidal if I wasn't broke as shyt because Jay Z's plan is pretty smart and just proved how powerful it is. By offering to pay artists way more than spotify, and signing on popular artists who will profit in exchange for having the artist release their album as a Tidal exclusive for a period of time (then releasing it everywhere else). It was risky but this literally proves he has the right idea, Kanye's album did these numbers partly cause it was exclusive to Tidal.

All the people that mocked Jay Z when he first announced Tidal. Assuming he's unintelligent and that he had no plan to go against Spotify and was doing this for fun. Smh.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I don't know if this proved that Tidal could sell so much as this proved that Kanye can make anything sell. I don't expect Tidal to completely crash back towards the hole it used to be around beforehand, but I definitely don't think they'll be that hot anymore with the album out and about

But then again, Kanye dropping at least one more album this year, so the dynasty will be fine :yeshrug: