What makes Lionel Messi the best futbòl player ever?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I just want to know. It's amazing to see a guy who's career isn't even close to finished already being crowned the greatest.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He ain't man, ain't even respected in his own country let him do what Maradonna did then we will talk

As the Argentines say perhaps Argentina should change their strip to blue and red stripes and pay him in euros and perhaps then he would play for them

Maradonna >>>> Messi

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
Disregard what the above poster said OP

It's a combination of everything really. He's the best goal scorer of all-time and one of the best playmakers of his own generation.

His finishing is GOAT and his speed / acceleration, dribbling and smartness is also GOAT level. There's not a single more effective dribbler in the history of the game (more flashy, yes, but not more effective). Not only is he the best and most effective goal scorer but when the team isnt working properly he'll drop down and take control of the game. He can drop to the midfield and start running the show from there, setting up players and start to break down the defense. He's also one of the best freekick takers of all-time. The way he operates with little to no space also separates him from the rest, he's impossible to defend. I actually just watched a video with him working with little to no space a couple of days ago

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
tumblr_inline_n1f2rmBNeg1rj6gzh.gif

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
He ain't man, ain't even respected in his own country let him do what Maradonna did then we will talk

As the Argentines say perhaps Argentina should change their strip to blue and red stripes and pay him in euros and perhaps then he would play for them

Maradonna >>>> Messi

Still their all-time leading goal scorer :manny:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
where is the world cup??
fukk, at least win a euro or coppa america!!
i'll take maradonna or pele any day of the week over messi!!
just my 2 cents!!
:manny:

Mr_X

Banned
Daps
Even if you ignore his world cup shortcomings against a great Germany team, there's absolutely no excuse for Messi to not have at least one copa america, other than the fact that he flat out choked a penalty and failed to score a single goal in 2 finals vs Chile.

On paper, Argentina is by far the most stacked team in the Americas too :francis:

leo-messi-titles-with-argentina-not-world-cup-2006-not-2930975.png