What producer do y’all think had the better batch on Dark and Hell Is Hot?

What producer’s batch you like more on X’s debut?

• Dame Grease

Votes: 50 80.6%
  • PK (P. Killer)

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
I also love how Get At Me Dog was so monstrous that people forgot Ma$e did a song with the exact same sample and chops like a month earlier :pachaha:

haha facts, kim ripped that shyt by the way. and of course all my flabby generation x nikkas who had high top fades in '89 know this as get the bozack. kinda like we hear california love but think knick knack paddy wack off top. green eyed bandit the goat killed & raped hot samples before a lot of nikkas got to it

That was my vote too. Also Convo and Let Me Fly are crazy. And I Can Feel It was the first time Phil Collins cleared that sample

Here’s a dope video of Dame breaking down the Get At Me Dog beat and a freestyle over the same beat with X and the Lox

yeah i got dame for the win too. but can we discuss pinero's verse on the freestyle though? :ohlawd:

i got it on my ipod :flabbynsick: and i listen to that shyt at least once per month

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
haha facts, kim ripped that shyt by the way. and of course all my flabby generation x nikkas who had high top fades in '89 know this as get the bozack. kinda like we hear california love but think knick knack paddy wack off top. green eyed bandit the goat killed & raped hot samples before a lot of nikkas got to it

yeah i got dame for the win too. but can we discuss pinero's verse on the freestyle though? :ohlawd:

i got it on my ipod :flabbynsick: and i listen to that shyt at least once per month

I'm not :flabbynsick:, but I love both those EPMD songs. It's fun to hear Erick and Parrish competing with each other as the song goes on and they trade verses.

Parrish was like "You a nickel dime sucker, who hangs with Tommy Tucker/Like KRS says, you a part time sucker" and then all of a sudden, Erick comes in with "The MC Grand Royal on the microphone/Terrorist mafioso a.k.E-Capone" and I'm like :damn: trying to keep up with the energy.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Man I wanna give it to PK just for How It's Goin Down alone but I gotta edge it to Dame. They both brought it regardless.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
I'm not :flabbynsick:, but I love both those EPMD songs. It's fun to hear Erick and Parrish competing with each other as the song goes on and they trade verses.

Parrish was like "You a nickel dime sucker, who hangs with Tommy Tucker/Like KRS says, you a part time sucker" and then all of a sudden, Erick comes in with "The MC Grand Royal on the microphone/Terrorist mafioso a.k.E-Capone" and I'm like :damn: trying to keep up with the energy.

oh shyt word.. the delivery was crack when microphone doc said, "the capital P, the M, i'm like D!" facts though, like you said bro that energy :banderas:

great record and so was mase record too low key. everybody who used that sample did it justice but no cap dame grease got the gold medal

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dame Grease, I don't know if the story is out there as to why Dame & PK faded to the background in the releases after his debut but X should have worked with them more. Especially Dame since he still was giving out heat to other rappers afterwards.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Brehs, Dame and PK co-produced most of those iconic songs together, so chill. Wasn't a fan of Crime Story, ATF and I Can Feel It beats
There’s definitely some co production. Especially on Look Through My Eyes.

BTW I thought I was very respectful in my OP. Every song on here is classic. I was just trying to have some fun discussion around X that isn’t depressing.

Edit: @OHSNAP! of you didn’t like Crime Story did you like Mac-10 Handle?

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Dame Grease, I don't know if the story is out there as to why Dame & PK faded to the background in the releases after his debut but X should have worked with them more. Especially Dame since he still was giving out heat to other rappers afterwards.
They was saying since swizz is fam RR was pushing him more