what the fukk is wrong with Juan Epstein!?

Daps
combat jack's show was perfect when they had dallas & just blaze. now its like every other podcast

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
See I used to HATE the old format. Dallas Penn was a total a$$hole and the rest rarely had anything to say. And when they'd talk about current events, talk about cringe worthy.

Jack is very good seemingly relaxing his guests and making them feel comfortable and at ease, which is not a common skill amongst podcast hosts. Still think Premium Pete is a bit of a fukk boy, but what can ya do.
Yup, cosign. I didn't fukk with Combat Jack until they switched to the "serious" format. The show is way better now. Most actual comedians aren't even funny enough to hold down a podcast, just be interesting...

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it?

Are they good interviewers? Is it funny?

I'm not really into straight up interview podcasts - I like my pods light and fun, not just "What was it like growing up in Yonkers?" or "What was it like recording your first album?" shyt.

People talk shyt about certain hosts being too central, but if the host isn't funny or interesting, podcsats can get real boring real fast if the guest isn't a funny person him/herself.

That's why I have a hard time getting through Combat Jack's pod. He gets good guests, but he's kinda boring and his show has no "personality" to it.

They're not necessarily good interviewers or funny but they seem to be prepared for the interviews. They take it serious, whereas it always seems like cipha just strolls in and doesn't contribute much. I like Rosenberg but that kind of joking around works way better on his wrestling podcast. Combat Jack was way more entertaining when Dallas penn was on it. You still get some gems though on the CJS.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I agree. Combat Jack changed its format recently though, about 2-3 years ago.

Before they were a team on it & the show was funny as hell IMO. Cuz they could mix the comedy & personality well with the interviews. Thats when they had Just Blaze, Dallas Pen, DJ Benhameen, AKing & then Pete whos still on with Combat. That shyt was hilarious. But i don't know what happened. Maybe it was about money or something.

They're not necessarily good interviewers or funny but they seem to be prepared for the interviews. They take it serious, whereas it always seems like cipha just strolls in and doesn't contribute much. I like Rosenberg but that kind of joking around works way better on his wrestling podcast. Combat Jack was way more entertaining when Dallas penn was on it. You still get some gems though on the CJS.

I just find myself in a tough spot with both of these podcasts:

I hated Dallas Penn, but without DP, Just etc., Reggie is a boring interviewer and Combat Jack can be a snoozefest at times.

Premium Pete just seems like he gets slightly tipsy and interjects with half questions/comments and brings up being locked up.

Most of Combat's guests are doing promo for albums, and I hate listening to nikkas in the middle of press runs as they get repetitive.

Rosenberg is knowledgeable, but his knowledge makes him a touch arrogant.

Ciph is chill and funny, but it borders on aloofness and it can feel like he'd rather be somewhere else sometimes.

I've been listening to podcasts for about 7 years now, I'm subscribed to 22 podcasts, and only 3 of them revolve around Hip-Hop, because truthfully, I don't think we know how to do podcasts well right now.

Low key, A Waste of Time with ItsTheReal is becoming very good, because not only are the dudes funny (corny, yeah, but they're not pretentious), but they use their humour to bring something different out of their guests rather than just where they grew up or what their process is. They put their guests at ease and you actually get a feel for the rapper's personality after an hour.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. Combat Jack changed its format recently though, about 2-3 years ago.

Before they were a team on it & the show was funny as hell IMO. Cuz they could mix the comedy & personality well with the interviews. Thats when they had Just Blaze, Dallas Pen, DJ Benhameen, AKing & then Pete whos still on with Combat. That shyt was hilarious. But i don't know what happened. Maybe it was about money or something.

See some of that was the best most organic radio out. Some misses but waaay more hits. Nowadays its just a softball interview where combat tells folks how dope they are the whole hour. Really soft unless the guest just has great stories. I used to tune in every week now I basically just catch it when I can. Those 1st few years were MUST Listen. Nowadays it's like Ok this person is doing their press tour. Softball questions, Pete talking about jail and Combat stanning out. shyt is boring mostly though there have been good eps but it's all the guest and the same guests doing the same few interviews telling the same shyt....

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm ready to see a black HipHop podcaster with knowledge and humor/wit. We aint got that yet.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm ready to see a black HipHop podcaster with knowledge and humor/wit. We aint got that yet.

Ice T? I think that describes him perfect, I don't know if he does his shyt regularly tho. Podcast are dope for nigs like me who bust down 60 minutes (plus 10 on the cooldown) on the treadmill every evening after work, time flies by. only issue is most of them are corny to me, smh. I kinda like Brilliant Idiots but they get annoying after while, specially the white dude

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I like their talking in the beginning more than the interviews, in fact my favorite are episodes are the ones without guests