What was SOHH like when GRODT dropped ? Any archived threads ?

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Title.

I wasn't on forums at that time in my life. I'm interested to see how people on message boards were reacting to this.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
The Eminem connection gave him a lot of haters. Plus folks were still waiting on Rakim's Aftermath album at the time so they were mad at Dre lol.

A lot of folks (me included) were underwhelmed since it didn't sound like Guess Who's Back and Power of a Dollar. I was a fan but it didn't blow me away. I definitely preferred all the mixtape shyt

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Title.

I wasn't on forums at that time in my life. I'm interested to see how people on message boards were reacting to this.

jay was the top dog so 50 had a lotta haters via rocafella stanning

honestly the way you used to dikkride jayz and troll in here is how the boards was all the time.

when they rapped on reebok together that broke SOHH, wild pages long of people askin for links, debating and stannin

there was as much hate as there was love, 50 has always been polarizing

even with as much 50 dckridin you do galvatron made you look like an alias

that man was single handedly responsible for hyping g-unit online

you should pay homage

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
50/G-UNIT had mad wiggas on SOHH cause of the Eminem connection :scust:

Dude talking shyt to me on SOHH I go to his myspace its some frail looking ginger kid in a doo rag and xxxl southpole :russ:
sohh was like the least cac infested board around that time, allhiphop and even thisis50 were real bad lol

i haven't thought of galvatron since i was in like 9th grade, didn't he get into beef with cormega? :russ:

edit:
Interviewer: I was reading a lot of your other interviews and one thing I noticed was: you are up to date on what people are saying about you on different message boards. How often do you check and see what people are saying about you on boards and on reviews?

Cormega: As far as the internet I try not to really let it bother me or give it too much measurement because half the people on the internet are bored and they have no life. There is one nikka named Galvatron who be on Sohh.com. It's like it's his job to hate on me. He's a professional. This guy Galvatron is obsessed with me. At the end of the day Galvatron you're a dikk. You wake up in the morning, you get on your fukking computer and you obsess about me.

Interviewer: Haha.

Cormega: I wake up in the morning, I take a piss, I might brush my teeth, I might not, I watch Sportscenter, go eat some Fruity Pebbles or Apple Jacks, I play Playstation on my plasma screen TV, I decide which car I'm gonna get in or what clothes I'm gonna wear and that's that. I don't wake up in the morning thinking about fukking Galvatron!

Interviewer: What would you do if you ever met Galvatron?

Cormega: I wouldn't even do nothing because the average motherfukker on the internet is a fukking coward anyway. It's not like he's gonna be like "yeah, I'm Galvatron, nikka what?" If that's the case I wouldn't do nothing to him. The nikkas that's with me would pound his ass out. I don't have to do nothing to nobody right now. fukk him. He's a nobody.
:: urban smarts . com | cormega | interview ::

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
The Eminem connection gave him a lot of haters. Plus folks were still waiting on Rakim's Aftermath album at the time so they were mad at Dre lol.

alot of backpackers & such were still posting on SOHH back then. eminem was prolly the most popular rapper on the site at the time.

they just didnt like 50.
i remember people on there used to say that obie trice album was better than GRODT.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
IIRC the general consensus was that it wasnt that great of an album after all the hype 50 had. Of course it was a cultural sensation at the time, but I remember the SOHH critics were tough on it lol