What were the last rap albums that really disappointed you?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
slaughterhouse - welcome to our house
remember having doubts when they signed to shady because of how they've done a lot of their artists but after the constant talk in interviews about how em signed them to give that certain style of rap more exposure, and that they would be given freedom to make the album they wanted to with more of a budget and top end producers I was happy with it. They dropped hammerdance as the street single and although it wasn't mind blowing it was still their sound so it gave me hope...then "my life" dropped...:dwillhuh::snoop:.....then throw it away dropped :stopitslime::scust:....then the track list with the features and production credits dropped..with a lot of the great names they'd apparently been working with no where in sight :to:, album was trash

J. Cole - Cole world
It wasn't wack like some people say, we just all knew he could do better, if he kept a good 70% of FNL for his debut like it was intended added with songs like gods gift, breakdown, rise and shine and sideline story we coulda had a special debut

Ab soul - these days
He wasn't rapping as well as he could even tho he definilty wasn't terrible, but the production on this album was so fukking bland to me except a few tracks, the only TDE release in years that I would say was garbage, he went from control system to this :huhldup:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
These Days
Oxymoron to a much lesser extent
Most Young Thug projects before SS3
Tyler - Cherry Bomb
The second half of Beaty Behind The Madness by The Weeknd

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These Days
Oxymoron to a much lesser extent
Most Young Thug projects before SS3
Tyler - Cherry Bomb
The second half of Beaty Behind The Madness by The Weeknd
Problem with oxymoron for me was that he was playing snippets from the album without them being anywhere near to being sample cleared lol stupid thing to do because the 2 or 3 songs I remember sounded better then most of the songs we got on the album, druggys with hoes 3 sounded great along with a fly lo track I remember him posting,..still liked the album tho

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
same as op with These Days by Soul Brother #2... :snoop: i literally listened to that shyt one time & i liked Soul over k.dot
He's gonna have to make some seriously dope music to have me interested again, like I said I can't remember a TDE album that weak since...ever

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
same as op with These Days by Soul Brother #2... :snoop: i literally listened to that shyt one time & i liked Soul over k.dot
I listened to that shyt few times because quite a few albums I love are growers which I don't like on first listen. I gave it a lot of chances but it was just not good

Last edited:

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
i feel similarly about all three you mentioned OP...though i was always a bit sketchy about slaughterhouse. I liked them all as solo artists to varying degrees, was a big royce fan, but the group seemed forced and after they got with eminem and came out with that utter garbage ill never listen to them as a group again. shame as there was potential they just had no idea how to tap it properly it seems

coles debut could have been much much better

These Days..as far as i can tell its something of a parody or satirical swipe at popular music 'these days' and ok i get that..i get the intention, but to do that over a whole album..an important album in your career, it just seems ridiculous, and I can never listen to the album in full to try and appreciate the full extent of where soulo was going with it. For all i know the second half of the album descends into genius but i can never actually get to it because the first half is so off. I really rated ab too, best on TDE imo, but havent heard a thing from him since.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i feel similarly about all three you mentioned OP...though i was always a bit sketchy about slaughterhouse. I liked them all as solo artists to varying degrees, was a big royce fan, but the group seemed forced and after they got with eminem and came out with that utter garbage ill never listen to them as a group again. shame as there was potential they just had no idea how to tap it properly it seems

coles debut could have been much much better

These Days..as far as i can tell its something of a parody or satirical swipe at popular music 'these days' and ok i get that..i get the intention, but to do that over a whole album..an important album in your career, it just seems ridiculous, and I can never listen to the album in full to try and appreciate the full extent of where soulo was going with it. For all i know the second half of the album descends into genius but i can never actually get to it because the first half is so off. I really rated ab too, best on TDE imo, but havent heard a thing from him since.
Yeah was always a Royce and joe fan, and liked crooked hip hop weekly series so was expecting good things from the group, but they blew it by signing to shady.
Agreed on these days, I got the whole satire thing about the album too, when it first dropped people were defending it for that very reason, at the end of the day tho and what it all comes down too was is the music good?...no lol, doesn't matter your intentions and if you were parodying today's music, if it ain't good it ain't good lol

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
Yeah was always a Royce and joe fan, and liked crooked hip hop weekly series so was expecting good things from the group, but they blew it by signing to shady.
Agreed on these days, I got the whole satire thing about the album too, when it first dropped people were defending it for that very reason, at the end of the day tho and what it all comes down too was is the music good?...no lol, doesn't matter your intentions and if you were parodying today's music, if it ain't good it ain't good lol

haha, yeah, exactly..and i read some comments from him about creating the album and there were a few relating to how he couldnt wait to get the album out there, how he was looking forward to its reception etc. I think he got caught up with the idea behind the album rather than focusing on the actual finished product. Shame as control system was really good and i think he was on the verge of something.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
most albums are disappointing. you should re-do the thread with "what were the last rap albums that were surprisingly good?"

think about it... albums... a ton of features that half the time don't make sense, a ton of delays and/or name changes, a generic ass formula of one for the club, one for the fellas, one for the ladies, one to let them know im still in the streets, one to let them know that im out of the streets, and one for the smokers. not too many people release decent, cohesive albums anymore.

I think jeezy's TM 103 was probably the most disappointing album to ever drop. it fit in to what I was saying above perfectly. he had songs on there that were on mixtapes 2 full years earlier.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Kevin Gates

Just terrible execution, felt like they went in the early 2000s direction where you make an album to expand your fanbase and not stay true to what got you on