What will be success for Marvel, general movies post covid?

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Will it be like music where success is like 300,000 streams. Will 60 million at thr box office be a success for Black Panther 2 for example if its no vaccine anytime soon. What will be the new standard for other type of films? Could it get as bad as the standard we have for independent films?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Think we got to wait for movies to come out to set the benchmark. When they open theaters will covid be so minimal that it will be similar to conditions pre-covid or will theaters open while some parts of the country still have a steady amount of cases? We need to know that type stuff to give a decent estimate. Should be interesting though, good thread kinda wondering myself.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
just going to cascade down imo
Endgame and the mcu will be known as a last decade franchise that's just trying to recreate the hype of the previous movies
It doesn't help that they're starting with a hero that died either

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
just going to cascade down imo
Endgame and the mcu will be known as a last decade franchise that's just trying to recreate the hype of the previous movies
It doesn't help that they're starting with a hero that died either

Maybe but for that to happen something newer and popular would have to replace it. Don't really see that in the mix right now.
Black Widow is about the future, they are introducing Black Widow 2 - Yelena Belova.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Maybe but for that to happen something newer and popular would have to replace it. Don't really see that in the mix right now.
Black Widow is about the future, they are introducing Black Widow 2 - Yelena Belova.
yeah true.
I know the movie is about the new one but when I ask people who vaguely know the MCU they just think it's about Scarlett and don't wanna see it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yeah true.
I know the movie is about the new one but when I ask people who vaguely know the MCU they just think it's about Scarlett and don't wanna see it.
Yeah, they didn't make it official until today and also while Florence Pugh's star is on the rise she isn't exactly a household name so even thinking along those lines isn't really apparent.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
$600-800 million in Return; Going off of Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy 2; Both 800 million, and without Robert Downey Jr.

Black Panther made more $1.2 Billion, but it was considered a sleeper and people kept going back to watch it.

The biggest name, if you take away Hemsworth, is Cumberbatch. So I think Dr. Strange 2 will be a good focus point, because Spider-Man at this point is a Brandname. Tom Holland is a great Spider-Man, but right now, that brand is on autopilot; you push out anything with Spidey and it will print cash.

Dr. Strange made $677, so $650 should be the barometer I think for Good with $800 for a Great MARVEL film.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
$600-800 million in Return; Going off of Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy 2; Both 800 million, and without Robert Downey Jr.

Black Panther made more $1.2 Billion, but it was considered a sleeper and people kept going back to watch it.

The biggest name, if you take away Hemsworth, is Cumberbatch. So I think Dr. Strange 2 will be a good focus point, because Spider-Man at this point is a Brandname. Tom Holland is a great Spider-Man, but right now, that brand is on autopilot; you push out anything with Spidey and it will print cash.

Dr. Strange made $677, so $650 should be the barometer I think for Good with $800 for a Great MARVEL film.

800 mil in covid ?? lmaoo you smoking dikks

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I think the COVID is going to cause a lot of movie budgets and salaries to decrease for the time being. It was long overdue anyways as budgets have become bloated.

:mjlol:Budgets been slashed. What you think this CGI wave is about? You just think movie budgets are hundreds of millions. It's an illusion.

:mjlol:The whole Mandalorian series is shot in one room. The Sandra Bullock movie was 99% CGI.

:mjlol:Covid only sped up the process. AAA films been had indy budgets. The only difference is that top studios have extra money for Digital effects, cinematography, actors, and marketing (which is the majority of the budget).

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The budget still is getting slashed so all of that extra money shyt is about to get phased out. They are either going to have to come down on the asking price or face being replaced or cancelled.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Think we got to wait for movies to come out to set the benchmark. When they open theaters will covid be so minimal that it will be similar to conditions pre-covid or will theaters open while some parts of the country still have a steady amount of cases? We need to know that type stuff to give a decent estimate. Should be interesting though, good thread kinda wondering myself.

:patrice: I don’t know about that breh.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
post-covid shouldn't be too bad....don't know if anything will hit a billy for awhile

because their not releasing anyhting major until this shyt is under control and they can pack theaters