What would be your scheme to gameplan for Lamar Jackson?

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
Action Jackson aka Freaky L (pause) is having a helluva year. I simply call him The Problem. How would you frame a defensive scheme if YOU were facing him?

All of these DCs have made their bones scheming defenses for statues in the pocket. Now you have a QB that literally makes you have to approach things from a completely different perspective (11 on 11 vs 11 on 10), and his versatility as a threat: if possible, how could you neutralize what The Problem presents to a defense?

Spying em? Out
1 on 1 he's Iverson in his prime right now*
SIDEBAR:
I call him The Problem because of the similarities I see with his immediate impact on the NFL to A.I.'s on the NBA.

Assigning a SS or Fast LB to him on a mesh point?

We have alot of great minds in TC, so I'm actually looking forward to hearing y'all thoughts.

How would YOU scheme a defense to stop Lamar Jackson? :francis:

(oh, and if anyone says how they shutdown a cat playing Madden will get a Neg Train. That ain't Real Life. Respectfully,
:mjlol:)

I'll end with this since it's the Holiday Season:
He's getting better at reading coverages, and more importantly, anticipating and throwing guys open. While the dimes to Hollywood and Seth were impressive, if you watch his TD throw to Boykins, that was a big boy play from the position. Watch the endzone angle at 1:38 to watch him literally go through his progessions...see 80...and make the play....all after juking a nicca to buy more time to let the play develop.

I don't know how you can scheme up a defense to contain for what their offense allows, not just from a blocking standpoint, but also with coverage. For chess players, you gonna have to sacrifice your Queen to get a win in the match. Having said that, TL got alot of greater minds than mine, so what's your take?

:jbhmm:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
put my d ends in the 9 and tell them stay home pushing the outside shoulder of the tackle make him and ingram earn those yards in space
go with a 3 safety look just to have someone spy on him
he's gone get his yards people mess up trying to stop him from getting his yards and he destroys them
i'd mix in blitzes heavy too get the ball out of his hands and see what happens

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Throw nickel and outside CB blitzes at him or drop an athletic the D-End into a zone in the flats in an effort to make him uncomfortable and hope for a turnover or two.

Also stick a damn safety on his TE's so they don't run wild over the middle of the field.

The key is to try to get him to make a bad decision or two so that he'll slow up on the read option.

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
It's actually the same as playing Madden.. You have to have your DEs play the outside to force middle, have a LB spy, play man to man.. Do not blitz, do not play zone...

(oh, and if anyone says how they shutdown a cat playing Madden will get a Neg Train. That ain't Real Life. Respectfully,
:mjlol:)

:stopitslime:

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Man to Man across the board
DE's playing outside. We want Lamar to hand the ball off.
We are hitting Lamar Jackson EVERY read option. I mean completely cleaning him. If the refs warn us just tell em it's a good play fake.
Blitzing the A and C gaps to flush that run out so Ingram and Gus can't get rolling
FS playing robber coverage and he's picking up any crossing routes from any of the TE's since the CB/LB on him is most likely going to be trailing behind

Pray

That's the best shot