Whatever happened to Keisha Morris Shakur? Any updated photos?

Daps
Recently F.E.D.S. magazine had an interview with Keisha Morris. Keisha Morris is the ex-wife of rap legend Tupac Shakur. The interview has been been published in F.E.D.S. Magazine Vol #2 Issue #5.

Before we go into this story let us describe this young woman. Keisha is a 27 year-old woman who has a Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice graduated from John Jay College and also has a Masters in Education.
She's a strong black woman who knows the meaning of standing on your own. She was born Keisha Morris and has a title and last name that makes her a part of rap history, Shakur. Not boasting of it, she says, "I''m not proud of the things he did, but it was my job to stand by and support him."
A Bronx native and proud of it, she enjoys sports, reading and talking to adults and children about their problems. She says you have to sometimes have been through or seen issues to explain them. We thought we would be interview a bandana wearing female who hates everyone but herself, cursing and smoking weed. Instead she was very well mannered. It took us some time to get her to relax.
Tupac was a dream that turned into a nightmare. One day he was there for her to love then he was gone. "We were just about to try again," says Keisha who doesn''t smoke weed, cigarettes, or drink. She was just the opposite of Tupac.

F.E.D.S.: What's up Keisha! You have a lot to talk about, huh?

K: Yeah, I have a lot of things to talk about. I want to thank F.E.D.S. magazine for giving me the opportunity to express my feelings. I did this article for personal issues dealing with me.

F: Tupac chose you to be his wife?

K: Yes, whether people want to accept it or not. I want the credit that is owed to me. I want to thank Suge Knight for remembering and acknowledging my position.

F: You were married to a part of history. How did you meet Tupac?

K: We met in June of 1994. We were both at a party that Puffy was throwing at a place called the Capitol. He came into the club, I saw him and spoke to him for a brief moment and walked away. I saw him a month later at the Tunnel another club in Manhattan. He came over to me and told me how he had been thinking about me ever since. I was very surprised. He remembered everything from when we first met. He even remembered the clothing I was wearing. Then he asked if he could take me out.
Initially, I was scared because I didn''t know where he was coming from. I wanted to know "Why me?" out of everybody else. He said that he never had a woman treat him like I treated him, which was not impressed. I did not make a big deal out of him. He was attracted to that.

F: What was your first date like?

K: First of all I was a nervous wreck. He wanted me to meet him at his hotel and I was like "Oh no!" Me me in broad daylight with a lot of people around. I was very hesitant, but I went anyway. We went to the Chelsea Movie Theater to see Forest Gump and then we ate dinner around the corner in an Italian restaurant. He wanted to see Forest Gump because he read for the part of "Bubba." I was in total shock, I couldn''t believe who I was on a date with.

F: What album did he have out at the time?

K: He was in the studio at the time recording Me Against the World.

F: Did you go to the studio with him?

K: Yes. He recorded in both Los Angeles and New York. I used to go with him to Unique Studio.

F: Did he tell you about the shooting?

K: Well, he called me on the phone to tell me that he''d been shot and to call his mother.

F: After he called what did you do?

K: He was talking fine, so I continued at first, but I made the necessary calls to his family.

F: Did you have a relationship with his mother?

K: Yeah we had a relationship. In the beginning she was happy Tupac was involved with a woman like me, but after we got serious our relationship became distant.

F: Any reason?

K: That was a choice she made. I didn''t have a problem with her. My relationship was with her son.

F: Did she think you married her son for his money?

K: I don''t know.

F: How did Tupac feel?

K: He didn''t feel that way. We never had a prenuptial agreement, he knew it was pure love.

F: Was it rough being married to Tupac?

K: There were a lot of ups and downs. We had unusual situations. We never had a regular day. Everyday was something with him. His court days, jail and his time on Death Row. Pac was a very complex person. I never knew what to expect from him.

F: How was the sex?

K: I don''t believe you guys are asking me this. Just listen to his music. That wasn''t the problem. Our problem was communication. He was stubborn and wanted to be in control.

F: Do you think Suge had love for him?

K: Suge had love for him and Pac loved Suge and the West. He only hated the East.

F: Your from the East Cost.

K: I was an exception, to many people were caught up with the whole situation.

F: Describe a Tupac moment.

K: I went to visit Tupac in Atlanta and the hotel room caught on fire, he got mad at me because I tried to escape. He said he couldn''t trust me because I should have stayed behind with him to fight the fire.

F: When were you guys were married?

K: We were married on April 4, 1995 and divorced in 1996.

F: So you got married while Pac was in jail?

K: Yes. I moved upstate. I had to make sure he was all right. That was an experience that I would never go through again. The jail was 65 miles south of Canada in Dannemora. It was cold and prejudice.

F: What was it like on a visit?

K: It was horrible. It was such a process and hassle. I took a bus from the city which took about six hours. Then when you got there you''d have to wait in this room for your number to be called and you''d be searched. They put him in protected custody and he did not want to be there. He wanted to be in general population. They did not realize how big a star he was. The correctional officers gave him a hard way to go sometimes.

F: On visits could you touch him?

K: No we didn''t have any conjugal visits, nor did we want any.

F: Who went to visit him?

K: A few celebrities came, lawyers, managers, Suge, and his family.

F: Did you and Pac ever have fights?

K: No we didn''t have fights. I just had a girl calling my house.

F: Did you smack him?

K: No, there were other ways to handle it.

F: Where did you live?

K: I lived in Harlem and he lived in Atlanta, but stayed at a hotel or at my house.

F: Were you around Suge?

K: Yes.

F: How was he?

K: He didn''t bother me.

F: Did you have any children?

K: No.

F: Why didn''t you have any kids?

K: It just didn''t happen.

F: When he died, did you and his mother go through anything?

K: No. I stayed away. I did not have anything to do with it.

F: But you were his wife.

K: I was not a widow. I had divorced him before it happened, but we still dealt with each other. I was supposed to go out to Vegas but I didn''t.

F: Why did you divorce him?

K: I couldn''t take the stress anymore.

F: Do you think he's dead?

K: He didn''t call me.

F: Where did Tupac get shot the first time?

K: He was grazed in the hand and hand, the most crucial shot was the thigh because it hit an artery. All his sexual organs were in place though.

F: Did Tupac ever tell you he was going to forget and forgive everything that happened on the East Coast?

K: Yes, at one time he was going to just forget about everything and just move forward, but when Biggie and Puffy did that article about him he got upset.

F: What helped you get over his death?

K: Peace with myself and knowing that he is resting peacefully. On our first date he told me he was going to die by the time he was 25, he said it would probably be murder. I looked at him like he was crazy.

F: It was said that he divorced you because he only wanted to be married to his music?

K: He didn''t divorce me. I divorced him.

F: If Tupac were still alive do you think he would have married Quincy Jones'' daughter?

K: He had plenty of time to marry her, why didn''t he? He told me he was using her just to get to Quincy. I''m not denying that they had sex- he had sex with a lot of women.

F: Did you get a lot of crank calls because of your relationship with him?

K: Plenty of times. That didn''t bother me. I adjusted very fast. I was only 21 years old when I met Tupac and he wanted to marry me right away. People think he wanted to marry me because he was in jail and needed trailer visits, but that wasn''t the case. I met him in June and in September he bought me a ring. Tupac married me so I would have respect when I called Death Row. I was holding him down while he was in prison. I talked to his A&R and the video people. He didn''t want people to say, "Oh that's just his girlfriend." He wanted me to have the title. I could have kept the title- people say I should''ve went after hismoney, but for what?

F: So you didn''t get anything?

K: Nothing! And I''m fine with that. I didn''t marry him to be anyone or get anything from him. If we had a child that would be a different story, but I can take care of myself- he wasn''t my father.

F: How did Suge and Tupac get together?

K: Pac called me and said, "I want you to set up a meeting with me and Suge." So I called Interscope and they gave me the number at Death Row. The rest is history.

Tupac's Wife Keisha Morris In FEDS

KeishaMorris-1.jpg

tumblr_lxt39imhOI1r8ypooo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mri4qbwlOV1rbs8lno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3mhcvImwK1qgposeo1_500.png

• Dap
Reactions: Meh