Whats stopping the Celtics from trading for DeMarcus Cousins?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I mean the Celtics are a team that's been on the fringe for the last few seasons and they have a good squad with loads of young talent and draft picks.

2019 Clippers 1st round pick protected
2019 Grizzlies 1st round
Brooklyn's 1st round pick in 2017 & 2018 - This pick will crush the trade talk buildings cause it will be a top 5 pick.

They got youth, Rozier, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart.
They got good trade pieces in Avery Bradley, Crowder.

If they could keep Horford and pair him with Cousins, that's a scary sight. Two bigs who play both ends of the floor and can play inside and outside on offense. The pick & roll with Isiah Thomas would become unstoppable.

If I'm the Kings, I'd pull this trade off the strength of that Brooklyn 2017 pick alone in a LOADED draft. You can easily draft your next superstar and begin rebuilding in no time. Both parties win.

Boston needs to jump on this. What we think coli?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Danny Ainge tries to have lopsided trades, he doesn't have any leverage with the Kings so they don't have the accept whatever garbage offer he throws out there. The Celtics hold onto those Nets picks like they're expecting to get LeBron, Kevin Durant and Curry in each draft.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Danny Ainge tries to have lopsided trades, he doesn't have any leverage with the Kings so they don't have the accept whatever garbage offer he throws out there. The Celtics hold onto those Nets picks like they're expecting to get LeBron, Kevin Durant and Curry in each draft.

But their roster is built to win now, even if they land a surefire star, it'll take 3-4 seasons for him to carry a team. Why wait?

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
He puts them over the top in the East.
lebron-puppet-facepalm.gif

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I mean even if Ainge trades for him this year, they're not beating the Cavs. I think Ainge should wait til the summer when Paul George(PG will be a FA in 2018) and Jimmy Butler may be available. If Ainge waits to the summer, worst case scenario he throws both Brooklyn picks; Memphis/Clippers pick, and Jaylen for Cousins assuming PG or Butler don't become available.