What’s the fastest way to learn a language?

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I hear many people say that Duolingo is trash. Heard less, but a good amount say the same about Rosetta Stone.

Is this true?
And what’s the best way to learn fast?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Duolingo is only trash if your base language has very little in common with the desired language to learn.
Like an English speaker learning Japanese or Mandarin, duolingo gonna be rough.

An English speaker learning Spanish? 600 hours to fluency

A Japanese speaker learning English? Rough as wel

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I used duo lingo everyday for about 3 weeks on two separate occasions. Once to learn Italian cause this bytch from Germany I was fukking knew it. And the other time to learn Spanish. Both times I was surprised at how quick I was picking the language up and realized I could definitely get way better if I keep doing it everyday. But I fell off both times. So I recommend Duo Lingo. It worked for me, but I just didn’t stay with it

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
hell naw lol. Even if you know a little bit of Spanish, you go to Mexico and they be speaking fast as fukk :dead: It’s a different level.
Hit them with that :damn::mjcry::skip: they’ll slow down.

But for real though traveling to the place and having a family or friend that can sponsor you for a few months. Best way

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
I learned Spanish in 2 years. Here's how I did it:
  1. I hired a teacher from italki: Learn a language online and did classes online until I got the basics like verb conjugation and past/present/future tense.
  2. Go on Tinder (or whatever people use these days, I'm retired) and find you a girl from a country that speaks the language you want to learn. And chat her up every day. Call her when you get comfortable.
  3. Move to a Spanish-speaking country, hopefully, the same one where that girl was. Go out with her, her friends, make new friends, etc. Just stay away from people who speak English.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Duolingo is only trash if your base language has very little in common with the desired language to learn.
Like an English speaker learning Japanese or Mandarin, duolingo gonna be rough.

An English speaker learning Spanish? 600 hours to fluency

A Japanese speaker learning English? Rough as wel
What does 600 hours look like? A year?

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I hear many people say that Duolingo is trash. Heard less, but a good amount say the same about Rosetta Stone.

Is this true?
And what’s the best way to learn fast?
what language specifically do you want to learn? The fastest way to learn a language is to speak it as much as possible. It's not necessary to go another country to learn a language, there's plenty of apps to connect with native speakers who live there. Listen to music in the language, watch series/films, practice reading/conversation, etc. Duolingo is good for picking up vocabulary but you wont reach fluency with just that.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
what language specifically do you want to learn? The fastest way to learn a language is to speak it as much as possible. It's not necessary to go another country to learn a language, there's plenty of apps to connect with native speakers who live there. Listen to music in the language, watch series/films, practice reading/conversation, etc. Duolingo is good for picking up vocabulary but you wont reach fluency with just that.
spanish.

7evens

All Star
Daps
I’m fluent in Mandarin. The fastest way to learn a language is through complete immersion. If you can’t live in a place where you must speak it to function you need to create an environment for yourself so that you are constantly hearing and most importantly speaking all the time. You need to talk everyday with actual people, not software.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m fluent in Mandarin. The fastest way to learn a language is through complete immersion. If you can’t live in a place where you must speak it to function you need to create an environment for yourself so that you are constantly hearing and most importantly speaking all the time. You need to talk everyday with actual people, not software.
how do I do this in Virginia

7evens

All Star
Daps
how do I do this in Virginia

watch movies, listen to music, put up post it notes with vocab of household items, find someone that will talk to you on a consistent basis. Try to learn phrases instead of vocabulary