What's the next bubble? (Dotcoms -> Homes -> Cryptos -> ?????)

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
That student loan bubble gonna have to burst pretty damn soon.

Not if, but when, the student loan bubble bursts... in addition to the pension bubble bursting...it's gonna get scary out there. You can dig around and see various studies that predict over half of the country's student loans will be in default by 2025.

Not sure how to make money off of this, but you can bet that someone like Betsy DeVos does.

America deserves whatever is coming to it. Eating it's young and treating basic quality-of-life necessities like education and healthcare as unattainable luxuries to be broken down and nickel & dime'd to us all. The only thing this country collectively is good at is swindling and guaranteed-profit scams

We're a bigger and cleaner version of Albania in 1997. Take a look at what happened there, any why. We have the same things driving our economy, only they are dressed up and marketed better. Then again when our massive ponzi schemes bottom out, the government will happily print up more money from thin air and bail the perpetrators out, ensuring the cycle never ends.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I think the term "bubble" is a bit of a misnomer here since what's actually being discussed is new and emerging industries with high growth potential, where as a bubble is more so speculative mania surrounding an already established industry or company.

In terms of actual bubbles, I think crypto is by far the biggest one. It's extremely volatile and for newer investors, very high risk (especially at current prices) with low potential for a much greater ROI (unless you're a confident gambler who believes it'll surpass its previous highs in the coming months - or years) than what you'd put in right now. I mean bitcoin (8.7k) is down 10k+ from its Mid-December peak of 19.2k.

As far as what I think was the actual question OP meant to pose.. which is, what industries/companies have potential to grow exponentially in the coming years? While it's fun to speculate based on current trends (sex dolls, VR, etc), I have a feeling the real answer is renewable energy and agricultural stocks and ETFs.

Renewables and agriculture have been trending downwards for the past year or so, but I think (and this is just my uneducated opinion) as times become more uncertain, there's a good chance the market will look less toward retail and entertainment stocks (alibaba, facebook, amazon, etc) in favor of genuine necessities like clean energy and food (first solar, REGI, DowDupont, monsanto, etc).

There are several current "bubbles" happening right now, from student loans to real estate, but I'm not seeing a way to make money off them this late in the game. However there are numerous industries (that the market currently doesn't seem to see much value in) that would make worthy investments for the future.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
It's probably already too late but I'd say real estate AGAIN :francis:
The last couple years been real hot in my region with a ton of new flippers trying their hand again like we learned no lessons from 2008
A lot of people who copped from 2009-2014 came up I think, it's hard to tell if we are at the tail end of another bubble or still in the middle.

We didn't learn our lesson because all "we" were actually taught was that the government will ALWAYS bail out big banks and industries (even willing to print more money to do so) and that most of the people who lost their homes during the last recession were simply lazy fools trying to live beyond their means who irresponsibly signed up for ARMs.

Is that true? Of course not, but it's the narrative that's been heavily pushed on people for years to the point where most believe it.

There are people who lost MILLIONS after the housing bubble burst in 2008ish, yet hopped right back on the flipper hobbyhorse in 2012-15 because they COULD.

That should tell you all you need to know about bubbles.

Last edited:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You need to enter the legal cannabis industry. There is a lot of money to be made especially if you link up with the right set of minds.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think the term "bubble" is a bit of a misnomer here since what's actually being discussed is new and emerging industries with high growth potential, where as a bubble is more so speculative mania surrounding an already established industry or company.

In terms of actual bubbles, I think crypto is by far the biggest one. It's extremely volatile and for newer investors, very high risk (especially at current prices) with low potential for a much greater ROI (unless you're a confident gambler who believes it'll surpass its previous highs in the coming months - or years) than what you'd put in right now. I mean bitcoin (8.7k) is down 10k+ from its Mid-December peak of 19.2k.

As far as what I think was the actual question OP meant to pose.. which is, what industries/companies have potential to grow exponentially in the coming years? While it's fun to speculate based on current trends (sex dolls, VR, etc), I have a feeling the real answer is renewable energy and agricultural stocks and ETFs.

Renewables and agriculture have been trending downwards for the past year or so, but I think (and this is just my uneducated opinion) as times become more uncertain, there's a good chance the market will look less toward retail and entertainment stocks (alibaba, facebook, amazon, etc) in favor of genuine necessities like clean energy and food (first solar, REGI, DowDupont, monsanto, etc).

There are several current "bubbles" happening right now, from student loans to real estate, but I'm not seeing a way to make money off them this late in the game. However there are numerous industries (that the market currently doesn't seem to see much value in) that would make worthy investments for the future.
Great post