What's the official animal of Black people everywhere?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I personally think it's the Black Panther through our historical connection. The lion and bulldog makes a nice ring to it.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Should be:

male-lion-3997167_960_720.jpg

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I personally think it's the Black Panther through our historical connection. The lion and bulldog makes a nice ring to it.
This thread made me laugh. I'm not lying at all when I say this but,

if you asked my father or aunt's/uncle's or grandparents they would look at you 100% with a straight face and tell you black people's animal is "The Lion of Judah".

6acf3777f1a846b2c0f265b7b455984b.gif

Last edited:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
The "Rock" Rawler

:mjlol: Actual black politics are so far away from what the Panthers were talking about.

We just voted Jim Crow Joe Biden into office on 0 promises...Fred Hampton would never...

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We just voted Jim Crow Joe Biden into office on 0 promises...Fred Hampton would never...
Tbf, if you look at how his other promises have gone, I don't think he would've followed through with anything tangible for black people. He ain't gonna give black people a dime if he won't even give his fellow whites the 10k student loan relief he promised them.

As a side note, I know it sounds a little cheesey but Biden has made me rethink my views as a black man in relation to black women. Prior to this year, had never once considered the oppinions of black women in politics/law until he made katanji brown a supreme court pick. For the first time in my life I found myself actually wondering whether black women as a whole will look up to her the way we look up to Thurgood or Cochran. I know it's not a tangible thing like a check in the bank, but I'm genuinely curious whether Katanji can make black women dream in a similar way Mae Jemison did as a US astronaut.

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
We don’t have one central animal. A brother that studied under the agent Mualana Karenga would never acknowledge a panther as defining him. A plains brother from central Africa would probably say a lion Or zebra, the Zulu brother probably gonna say a Bull and so on, so forth.
It’s the Lion

I alway understood it to be,

Lion: Africa
Eagle: America
Bear: Russia
Dragon: China

The eagle the bear and the dragon represent ‘the beast’ or Babylon
Smart man!
You dealing with real high science when u get into that… I always look at the Aquila/eagle on white military uniforms as the bridge between that and nazis, the Romans…It get deep tho and u start to look crazy so I keep it to myself

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
As a side note, I know it sounds a little cheesey but Biden has made me rethink my views as a black man in relation to black women. Prior to this year, had never once considered the oppinions of black women in politics/law until he made katanji brown a supreme court pick. For the first time in my life I found myself actually wondering whether black women as a whole will look up to her the way we look up to Thurgood or Cochran. I know it's not a tangible thing like a check in the bank, but I'm genuinely curious whether Katanji can make black women dream in a similar way Mae Jemison did as a US astronaut.
I'm puzzled by this take. The reason is that Judge Ketanji and other prominent Black women in law have OPENLY said that earlier legal pioneers directly inspired and encouraged them to enter the field.

Constance Baker Motley biography from Tomiko Brown-Nagin

If you have daughters, nieces, and younger cousins, seeing Judge Ketanji reach the HIGHEST level in LAW definitely expands their views of what they can accomplish in law or any other field.