What's wrong with charter schools?

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I've seen alot of people that consider charter schools to be a negative thing.

The Chicago Teacher's Union even did a protest of charter schools. Can somebody explain why?

I went to one btw.

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
The teachers’ unions hate charter schools because they are non-unionised. And politicians depend on the money and votes of teacher unions. Politicians(leftist) also dislike charter schools because of how it threatens their ideological vision on how schools should be ran.

Example, Attorney General Eric Holder wants to force his own idea of racial balance in the schools, while many black parents just want their children to learn, regardless of whether they are seated next to a white child. There have been all-black schools whose students met or exceeded national norms in education, whether in Louisiana, California or other places around the country. But Eric Holder, like Bill de Blasio, put their ideology above the education of black students.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
The teachers’ unions hate charter schools because they are non-unionised. And politicians depend on the money and votes of teacher unions. Politicians(leftist) also dislike charter schools because of how it threatens their ideological vision on how schools should be ran.

Example, Attorney General Eric Holder wants to force his own idea of racial balance in the schools, while many black parents just want their children to learn, regardless of whether they are seated next to a white child. There have been all-black schools whose students met or exceeded national norms in education, whether in Louisiana, California or other places around the country. But Eric Holder, like Bill de Blasio, put their ideology above the education of black students.

if black kids are performing better than the national norms then they're good in my book

Daps
Charter schools teach unregulated curriculum. That is in no way shape or form a good thing. They also shift the burden of education onto the tax payers in a direct manner rather than it being a pot of money for all parties to use to fund education.

Last but not least the fact that right wingers are pushing this shyt hard as hell should make you skeptical of them

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
They make their own rules
They take money from the school district
They aren’t unionized
They come and go when they want, have shady benefactors often and manipulate numbers if need be to keep high rankings (see first point)

I use to think people were hating too, but my city has had charter schools for over a decade now and clearly some of them were on fukk shyt and a few even closed down already

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Competition for public schools and administrators/teachers who work for them.
Of course, they will publicly oppose charter schools. Which monopoly wouldnt protect their interests?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Will come back tomorrow and give a bit of perspective. Suffice it to say, when done right—they can be amazing.

When done wrong…they can be disastrous.

Like most things in life.:mjlol: