What's your breaking point in a relationship/marriage?

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
A chick that tries to be controlling. The more you try and control me, the more I'm gonna rebel. Some chicks get that, some don't.

Also these younger broads who don't know how to listen and learn. I spent several years in the finance world, and this younger chick kept trying to act like she knew what she was talking about, and I didn't lmao. So naive. Her parents and I both gave very similar advice on her purchasing a vehicle but somehow she knew better than all of us (her parents are conservative and very smart with their $, prolly got over a mill) and proceeded to buy a new VW despite all that news earlier this year about the recalls etc. Her dumbass went to the dealer BY HERSELF (just looking like FOOD) and the dealer even told her she was the first person to buy one that whole month. This was like the 18th of the month:snoop:

So that'd be the other thing, no consideration for those people's opinions who are closest and only looking out for your well being. Just acting like everyone else is dumb except for her:beli:

:russ:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
I'm starting to realize it's finance. If I can save & he can't, it becomes a BIG problem.
That's true. I guess I'm assuming that NO ONE should get married unless they're on the same page about money. I love a frugal man whose financially disciplined. Don't have time for someone who cannot manage money. Flashy dudes are a major turn off.View media item 5233

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
A chick that tries to be controlling. The more you try and control me, the more I'm gonna rebel. Some chicks get that, some don't.

Also these younger broads who don't know how to listen and learn. I spent several years in the finance world, and this younger chick kept trying to act like she knew what she was talking about, and I didn't lmao. So naive. Her parents and I both gave very similar advice on her purchasing a vehicle but somehow she knew better than all of us (her parents are conservative and very smart with their $, prolly got over a mill) and proceeded to buy a new VW despite all that news earlier this year about the recalls etc. Her dumbass went to the dealer BY HERSELF (just looking like FOOD) and the dealer even told her she was the first person to buy one that whole month. This was like the 18th of the month:snoop:

So that'd be the other thing, no consideration for those people's opinions who are closest and only looking out for your well being. Just acting like everyone else is dumb except for her:beli:

Then you understand why my deal breaker here is finances. ESPECIALLY in a marriage because, as a wife, I am suppose to ground my husband when he falls short. Whether that be physically, mentally or money wise. But... dealing with someone who don't know when to keep money in the bank bothers me so much.
Together, me and my husband bringing in almost $70k a year, our expenses exceeds less than $2300 a month. And that doesn't include credit cards (plan on using income tax to cover all that). If I'm left with $30 after I pay whatever needed to be paid, $10 going into my savings. I'm left with $100, $50 gonna be into the savings. Him? "You gotta have money to save money," is what he says :stopitslime: if I get paid over $1000 a check and left with $30 is that really having money? My thing is, there is no effort in improvement with him. I mean, I'm still trying to knock some sense into him because this shyt REALLY bothering me but I'm still trying..

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
That's true. I guess I'm assuming that NO ONE should get married unless they're on the same page about money. I love a frugal man whose financially disciplined. Don't have time for someone who cannot manage money. Flashy dudes are a major turn off.View media item 5233

I realized AFTER getting married my man can't manage money.. it's becoming a real problem because it bothers me so much..

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Then you understand why my deal breaker here is finances. ESPECIALLY in a marriage because, as a wife, I am suppose to ground my husband when he falls short. Whether that be physically, mentally or money wise. But... dealing with someone who don't know when to keep money in the bank bothers me so much.
Together, me and my husband bringing in almost $70k a year, our expenses exceeds less than $2300 a month. And that doesn't include credit cards (plan on using income tax to cover all that). If I'm left with $30 after I pay whatever needed to be paid, $10 going into my savings. I'm left with $100, $50 gonna be into the savings. Him? "You gotta have money to save money," is what he says :stopitslime: if I get paid over $1000 a check and left with $30 is that really having money? My thing is, there is no effort in improvement with him. I mean, I'm still trying to knock some sense into him because this shyt REALLY bothering me but I'm still trying..
This is where the communication comes in. You gotta find a way to broach the issue without him feeling attacked...

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
This is where the communication comes in. You gotta find a way to broach the issue without him feeling attacked...

I've tried :sadcam: multiple times. When I do manage to swipe at least $100 from his check, it's like, if he knows or notices, SOMETHING comes up where I gotta give it back to him. It's like this all the time. Told him I wanna buy a house in the next 2 years & that needs major saving but seems like he just agrees to shut me up. On God, if I raise this money myself to get a house, I be damned if he enjoys the benefit of it, I don't know if I have the heart to leave him for that though... I love this dude :mjcry: it's a deal breaker but making exceptions feels... wrong.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
I've tried :sadcam: multiple times. When I do manage to swipe at least $100 from his check, it's like, if he knows or notices, SOMETHING comes up where I gotta give it back to him. It's like this all the time. Told him I wanna buy a house in the next 2 years & that needs major saving but seems like he just agrees to shut me up. On God, if I raise this money myself to get a house, I be damned if he enjoys the benefit of it, I don't know if I have the heart to leave him for that though... I love this dude :mjcry: it's a deal breaker but making exceptions feels... wrong.
:therethere: